2

ROYAL BLOOD
— 2. We are Yorks

      At Wingfield Castle in Suffolk, the Tudor men rode in, killing any man who dared to stand against them

At Wingfield Castle in Suffolk, the Tudor men rode in, killing any man who dared to stand against them. The men were led by Jasper Tudor and Lord Strange.

"Where is the Earl of Warwick?" One of the men roared out as John de la Pole, his wife, Eliza, and their son entered the room.

"Get out!" John de la Pole shouted angrily while his wife was more submissive.

"Have it. Have everything you want. Please don't hurt us," Eliza pleaded as Duchess Cecily, her mother, entered with Maggie and Teddy following close behind her.

"For York! For Cousin Arthur!" Teddy exclaimed loudly as he threw his fist in the air.

Alarmed, Maggie rushed over to her little brother and pulled him close to her. "They're not Arthur's men, they're Tudors." She quickly told him, watching as some of the Tudor men killed the soldiers loyal to her aunt and uncle.

Just then, Jasper Tudor entered alongside Lord Strange, ordering the men in French to fall back and not attack anyone else.

Cecily's eyes widened, shocked by the scene that unfolded before her.

"King Henry Tudor has ordered the traitors to be brought to London," Jasper informed the group in a stern tone.

"Traitors?!" John de la Pole exclaimed, an incredulous look on his face.

"Men who fought against him in the battle," Lord Strange spoke up in a calm tone.

"Well, that doesn't make us traitors!" John de la Pole jr. complained, a look of disbelief on his face, "We fought for our king, Arthur!"

"King Henry has declared his reign began the day before the battle," Jasper responded, causing Eliza's eyes to widen in horror, "Those that fought against him are declared traitors."

Lord Strange turned his head, his eyes locking on Teddy. Cecily noticed and pushed Teddy and his sister back, shielding them with her arm.

Lord Strange noticed anyway and Maggie felt uneasy as she tried to hold Teddy as close to her as possible. "Ah, the Earl of Warwick. The king is waiting for you."

"No," Maggie cried out, a terrified look on her face.

The men stepped forward, on the verge of grabbing Teddy when Cecily spoke up. "Nora will kill you if you dare lay a hand on either of them."

"Nora of Lancaster is no one to be feared any longer. Her lands and titles will be taken from her soon enough. She is nothing now. She would do well to remember that. As would you," Lord Strange explained, causing Cecily to scoff loudly.

"You're a fool if you think her lands and titles are what make that woman powerful," Cecily commented and while Lord Strange told the men to take Teddy anyway, Jasper felt uneasy.