31

ROYAL BLOOD
— 31. Spanish Princess

  In the courtyard of Westminster, people assisted each other in packing up the king and queen's belongings for their travels to Spain

Henry walked through the courtyard, making sure everything was going according to plan. He looked up, his eyes locking on Kathy, who was watching him through the window.

Henry gave his daughter an apologetic look, knowing she had wanted to go with him to Spain, but of course, she couldn't.

Kathy practically glared at her father once seeing the apologetic look he was giving her. She turned on her heel, walking away from the window.

"Godspeed, Your Grace," Sir Richard suddenly spoke up, causing Henry to turn away from the window to see the man walking over to him with Maggie following close behind him, "We're returning to our home in Wales."

"I have an honor to bestow upon you," Henry informed the man, making his way over to him and Maggie, "I'll make you Gentleman of the Privy Chambers to Arthur, Prince of Wales. You'll be his tutor and his guardian in my absence."

"It will be my pleasure," Sir Richard responded, bowing to Henry alongside Maggie.

"I can think of no one better than a loyal Tudor soldier who reminds me of my uncle," Henry continued on, a smile on his face.

"We will take him home with us today," Maggie replied, causing Henry's smile to fade as he turned to look at her.

"No, you will stay here with him at the palace, Lady Pole," He informed her, much to Maggie's dismay.

"But..." She trailed off, turning to look at her husband, "Our son is..."

"He will be brought here," Henry assured her in a calm tone, "I will send men to collect him."

"Of course, Your Grace," Sir Richard responded, bowing to Henry once more, "Will we tend to Prince Harry as well?"

"He will be left in my mother's care. As will my daughter, Princess Katherine. She is fond of them both and they may pull her from her grief," Henry informed the duo in a calm tone, "The three of them are going on a pilgrimage together."

Henry sent them both a smile. With that, he began to walk away. Richard bowed to his king, just before turning his attention to Maggie. "Small mercies anyway," He told his wife, sighing in relief, "Those two are handfuls, especially when they are together."

Maggie forced a smile on her face, slowly nodding her head in agreement.

_____

During their pilgrimage, Harry and Kathy rode on horses beside their grandmother, whose horse rode in between theirs. Guards surrounded them, but the group of three paid no mind to them.