43

ROYAL BLOOD
— 43. Impersonation

        After hearing what had happened with Henry and Margaret, Lizbeth was quick to see Henry

        After hearing what had happened with Henry and Margaret, Lizbeth was quick to see Henry. She entered his chambers, finding him to be sitting at the chair near the window. "What is it? What's happened?"

"You were right. Your Uncle Richard was innocent. It wasn't him who killed the boys. It was my mother. You were right, Lizbeth. You were right this entire time and I was foolish enough not to believe you," Henry explained, tears spilling down his cheeks.

"How does it work?" Henry asked as he stared up at Lizbeth, "The curse. Is it both boys?"

"I don't know," Lizbeth answered in a soft tone, "My mother is the only one who truly knew about it besides Lizzie and Elizabeth Woodville. I always refused to talk about it."

"But it's one of them," Henry responded, a terrified look on his face, "Without a doubt, one of our sons will die, but which one?"

"I don't know, Henry!" Lizbeth practically shouted, tears beginning to form in her own eyes, "Stop asking me about it. I don't know."

Henry sighed as he stared up at Lizbeth, who refused to look him in the eye after everything that had happened. He didn't blame her. She had been telling him the truth for years and he refused to listen due to his blind loyalty to his mother.

"She had me kill the rightful king and his brother and put me on the throne. She killed three innocent boys because they could challenge me and killed two girls just to spite Nora. Two innocent girls who were still children and never got to grow up and have to chance to have children of their own as their sister did," Henry explained, referring to Lizbeth, "It's all been lies, Lizbeth. Our boys. Our beautiful boys are damned and it's all my fault."

Not being able to take hearing what he was saying anymore, Lizbeth moved closer to Henry. She roughly grabbed him by the hands and pulled him up, out of his seat. "Come," She demanded in a stern tone, "I want to show you something."

        That night, Lizbeth brought Henry to the prisoner she had visited earlier on that day. Some guards came with them and the duo stood behind the wooden hall. Wolsey brought forward Noah Luff, who had a bag over his head and was being dragged by two guards.

Wolsey pointed to a certain spot in the prison yard. The guards ended up placing him there while Wolsey looked toward Lizbeth.

He waited for her approval and the moment she nodded her head, he removed the bag from Noah's head.

"Who is this?" Henry asked, a confused look on his face when he saw the man that was brought forward.

"His name is Noah Luff. He is sentenced to be publicly whipped and hanged. He has struck a deal for a simple hanging only, with a good noose so that it is quick. And coins for his wife," She explained calmly, causing Henry to look even more confused.