30

ROYAL BLOOD
— 30. Until The Day I Die

 Until The Day I Die

1461

Nora was walking down the hallway alone, searching for Edward. Just then, someone unbeknownst to her grabbed her by the arm and pulled her around the corner.

Nora smiled, however, when she saw that it was Edward. She did nothing but laugh as he pushed her against the wall.

Edward smiled back at her, wasting no time kissing her as Nora placed her hands on his clothed chest.

Edward grabbed the skirt of her dress with one hand, the other roaming over the rest of her body.

"Be still, for God's sake," Nora lightly slapped Edward on the chest, causing Edward to pull away from the kiss and playfully roll his eyes, "They could see us."

"And?" Edward asked, pressing a kiss to her jaw, "There's nothing wrong about what we're doing. Everyone at court already knows."

"Aye, but it's daytime," Nora pointed out as Edward continued to kiss to down her cheek, "Can't you wait until tonight to spend time with me? You are a king, with kingly duties to perform instead of being with me."

"Fuck my kingly duties, I need you by my side now. Not my privy council. Only you," Edward complained, like the young York king that he was and not the somewhat responsible man he became in the coming years with Nora at his side.

Edward smiled, wrapping his arms around Nora's waist while she placed his hands on both sides of his face. He leaned forward and wasted no time kissing her.

PRESENT
1496

Three months had passed since Jasper's death. Lizbeth stood on the second level courtyard of the Tower of London alongside Henry and their four children.

They watched as Sir William was led onto the platform where he was to be executed. He looked up at them, a calm expression on his face. He turned his head, his eyes locking on Lord Stanley, his brother, and Lord Strange, his nephew.

"Before I die..." He trailed off, turning to look back at Henry, who intertwined hands with Lizbeth as he tried to maintain composure, "You are not a king, nor fit to be one. England rots beneath you. Men weep. So, kill me if you must. And you will kill many others after me. Men who will line up to say, 'Long live the true, able King George."

Henry remained silent. He nodded at the guards, who wasted no time forcing Sir William down on the chopping block.

As Sir William was beheaded, Meg clutched onto her mother, who held her close since her daughter refused the watch the scene occur. Arthur flinched and immediately looked away. Harry and Kathy, on the other hand, watched on with no problem, as if it didn't even bother them.