8

ROYAL BLOOD
— 8. Ransack

     The following morning, Lizbeth woke up, feeling uneasy when she found herself still laying in Henry's bed, her head on his unclothed chest

     The following morning, Lizbeth woke up, feeling uneasy when she found herself still laying in Henry's bed, her head on his unclothed chest. She, too, was naked, which caused her to feel even more uneasy.

She slowly sat up, trying to remain as quiet as possible. She looked down, sighing at the sight of the blood on the sheets.

With proof of their consummation, there would most likely be no way of their marriage ending unless one of them was dead.

She climbed off the bed, trying to be as quiet as possible. She walked over to where her nightgown laid on the ground. She placed it back on her nude body and as quietly as she could be, she snuck toward the door.

"Sneaking away from your own husband?" Henry suddenly spoke up, causing Lizbeth to sigh in defeat as she slowly turned to face him, "Now, that was something I would have never expected."

"What did you expect, Henry?" Lizbeth asked as she sighed deeply, "That I spend the morning with you and we would eat breakfast together as if we were some happily married couple?"

"No, but I thought we could try to work out the ill feelings we have towards each other. We are husband and wife now. We will rule England as its King and Queen. I do not want us to be at odds with one another," Henry explained and Lizbeth remained silent.

She wanted to agree, but she knew she couldn't. She knew if she stayed, the feelings would resurface and she couldn't allow that to happen.

"I-I must go," She stammered, just before fleeing the room.

Henry watched on, sighing in defeat.

____

Lizbeth returned to her rooms that morning to find Lizzie standing outside, waiting for her. Lizzie turned when she saw Lizbeth walking toward her and smiled widely. "How was it?" She asked and Lizbeth nervously smiled, "Was he gentle? Rough? Did you like it?"

Lizbeth remained an emotionless expression until she reached Lizzie. "It was good, really good," She whispered to her, gradually beginning to smile, "I didn't expect to like it, but I did."

"You must tell me more," Lizzie insisted and as Lizbeth opened her mouth to explain, the door opened to reveal Nora standing before her.

"Look who has finally returned," Nora sarcastically commented, "I was afraid Henry was too rough with you and you wouldn't be able to return for a couple of hours."

"He was not rough, but I did not like it either," Lizzie assured her mother, despite the last part being a lie, "I do not think he has the skills to truly satisfy a woman."

Lizzie's smiled faded and she turned to Lizbeth, a frown on her face.

"Perhaps he, too, was a virgin," Nora pointed out and Lizbeth forced herself to laugh, despite feeling uneasy, "I'm told your coronation will occur tomorrow. I hope you're ready."