35

ROYAL BLOOD
— 35. Prince Edmund

  After what happened in the streets of London, George was escorted with his wrists bound all the way to the King's Wardrobe

Lord Stanley opened the double doors before entering. "Here we are," he informed George, who was pushed forward.

George stumbled, but was quick to steady himself. He turned around, coming face to face with Margaret Beaufort.

"Now he can play king to his heart's content," Lord Stanley told his wife as the door closed.

George watched on, letting out a large sigh in defeat. He glanced around, an annoyed look on his face.

____

  In the River Thames of London, it was nighttime. Nora snuck through the streets, led by John de la Pole. Lizzie and Margaret walked with her, the latter holding the hand of Marie, who was seven years old.

"Do we know where they are keeping my son?" Nora asked, a concerned look on her face.

"He is at Westminster," John de la Pole answered in a calm tone, "Henry hopes the mask will fall if he observes him long enough. Hurry, Madams, please. We have prepared rooms for you four."

"That's fine by me, but there's a message I must send to someone first," Nora answered in a calm tone.

_____

From her chamber window, Lizbeth watched silently as Cathy Gordon arrived in the courtyard on horseback. She held her baby boy in her arms as she rode in and Lizbeth felt uneasy.

She knew what happened to York boys when Tudors were around. Her brother Edmund and her cousin Teddy were prime examples of that.

Lizbeth heard someone approaching her, but still, she did not turn. She figured it was either Henry or Maggie. Either way, she didn't care.

"Cathy Gordon!" Maggie exclaimed in shock as she looked out the window alongside Lizbeth.

"Why is she here?" Lizbeth asked Maggie, an uneasy look on her face as he turned to Maggie.

___

In the King's wardrobe room, George was crouched down in front of the fireplace. He had only a small scrap of fur to shield him from the cold, causing him to shiver as he sat in front of the small fire.

"Here, boy," Lord Stanley called out as he entered the room, snapping his fingers at George, "Come on."

George frowned, turning to give the man a questioning look. "Come where?" He asked worriedly, but Lord Stanley didn't answer.

In another part of the castle, Bishop Morton escorted Cathy over to Margaret alongside some Tudor guards.

"Lady Catherine Gordon," Margaret greeted the young woman who carried her infant son in her arms, "I am my Lady, the King's Mother. Welcome to court."