19

ROYAL BLOOD
— 19. Outburst

 Outburst

   In Burgundy, Nora was sitting at a table outside, writing on a scroll when Jasper entered.

He cleared his throat, causing Nora to slowly look up and genuinely smile at the sight of Jasper. "Your Grace," He politely greeted her in the way she deserved, which was different from the way the other Tudor men chose to treat her.

That was one thing Nora always could say about Jasper. It didn't matter what side they were on. Whether it be the same side or opposing sides, Jasper was always kind to her and never spoke to her as though she was the enemy, even when she actually was.

"Jasper," Nora bowed her head to Jasper slightly, but didn't rise to greet him.

"Writing letters?" Jasper questioned curiously as he gestured down to the paper in front of her.

"A poem, actually," She admitted, a smile forming on her lips, "I haven't done it in a while, but I grew a fondness for it in the years before Edward's death. Many mornings, we laid in bed together and I'd read them to him. He listen to every word of it with a smile on his face, even when they were bad."

Jasper smiled back at her and nodding in understanding. "May I take a walk with you through the gardens?" He offered and Nora quietly laughed.

"It would be quite rude of me to refuse you, would it not?" She commented and Jasper slowly nodded.

"Indeed," He replied and Nora wasted no time standing up.

Facing her, he held his hand out to her, but instead of taking it, she walked right past him.

He smiled in amusement, realizing she wasn't all that changed from the woman he knew long ago.

He took a deep breath and wasted no time following her, trying to keep up with her fast pace.

"I didn't realize you were a poet," He spoke up as he finally caught up to her.

"Not a very good one, but as Edward used to say, it's the thought that counts," Nora admitted, causing them both to quietly laugh, "The poem I was just writing was for one of my daughters."

"Lizbeth?" Jasper asked, a curious look on his face.

Nora smiled in amusement, knowing what he was trying to do. Nora wasn't supposed to be able to have contact with Lizbeth, whose received letters always went through Margaret first.

"Katherine, actually," She informed him, a smile on her face as she pointed toward where she was bothering Lord Strange and ruining his chances of flirting with the women around him.

The ladies' attention was on the girl, laughing as she bullied the man in front of her.

"She's something else, isn't she?" Jasper commented, causing them both to laugh.