10

ROYAL BLOOD
— 10. Gradual

     In his chambers, Edward sat across from Nora, having dinner together

     In his chambers, Edward sat across from Nora, having dinner together. He smiled, looking ahead to see that she was wearing the necklace, even after six years.

She wore it every day and it made him feel delighted. He wanted nothing more than to shower her with gifts, but she always refused them. She claimed his love was all that she ever wanted and needed from him.

"I see you've grown fond of pheasant legs as of late, my love," Edward spoke up, a small smile on his face, "You've had it three days in a row for dinner, yet I could've sworn you hated them before that."

Nora smiled slightly, slowly raising her head to look him in the eyes. "Yes, Edward. I have grown fond of them as of late, among other foods I didn't like before."

"Is it a special...fondness?" He asked, giving her a knowing look.

"Yes, indeed," Nora confined, causing Edward to smile happily since he knew what it meant.

He turned his head, looking at the servants that were in the room. "Leave us," He ordered and the group of servants bowed before their king before leaving the room.

Once they were gone, Edward turned to Nora, a large smile on his face. "Are you saying what I think you're saying?" He asked, referring to the fact that she might have been pregnant.

They had three children already. Arthur, Lizbeth, and little Thomas.

"I am," She confirmed with a smile on her face and began to laugh happily since he knew what it meant.

He stood up, rushing over to Nora's side before kneeling in front of her. He looked up at her, staring at her lovingly. He placed one hand on the side of her face and the other on her belly.

"Oh, I knew it," Edward playfully growled as he placed a kiss to her cheek, "Just by the way you've been acting lately."

"Are you happy?" Nora asked, a shy smile on her face, "I heard Elizabeth is withchild—"

"My love," Edward cut her off, cupping her face in his hands as he knelt before her, "Elizabeth doesn't matter right now. Only you do. You are carrying my child. Our child. Another one. I cannot believe it. You have no idea how happy I am to hear this."

Nora chuckled, smiling as Edward briefly kissed her on the lips before pulling away. He stared into her eyes with such love and adoration, just like he always did. It made her feel as though she could melt at his touch. He made her feel a type of way that was overwhelming yet was still the best feeling in the world to her. It was exhilarating.

"I love you so much, you don't even understand," Edward continued on, a large smile on his face, "Nothing, Nora, and I mean nothing...could change the way I feel about you."