33

ROYAL BLOOD
— 33. Little Prince

 Little Prince

   It was nighttime in England and in the council room, Henry stood in front of his council and Lizbeth, trying to contain his anger.

"He didn't run away," He informed the group, a disappointed look on his face, "He left to see his newborn son. Just as King Edward, his supposed father, did thirty years ago when Arthur was born."

"A son?" Lizbeth asked, her eyes widening at the news.

"He has an heir," He replied, turning his back to the council as he stared down at the fire.

"No," Margaret spoke up and shook her head in disapproval.

"And with that, his claim is strengthened, false as it is, and other will declare for him," Henry explained, looking down at the letter that had been sent to him.

"But he withdrew," Richard spoke up, causing Henry to sigh, "Perhaps he will not come again."

"He will come," Henry responded and closed his head as he tried his best to remain calm, "We don't know where or when, but he will come. And I must pray the nobles will support me because the new tax on the peasants will ensure that they do not. We need Spain more than ever."

"I will pray," Margaret confessed, causing Lizbeth to turn to look at the woman and roll her eyes.

"I dare say that will not help us," Lizbeth confessed softly, only to be ignored as Margaret walked out of the room with Bishop Morton.

____

    In her chambers, Lizbeth spent the entire day writing letters to the lords of England, asking for their support in the war against the boy posing as her brother.

Nighttime soon arrived and still, Lizbeth continued to write their letters, even after sending the ladies that were helping her back to their husbands.

Henry soon walked into the room and made his way over to his wife. He sighed, placing his hands on her shoulders as he stood behind her.

"There are over fifty," She informed Henry in a calm tone, "All of England's noble families must turn out for you. And I have written to ensure that they will."

She slowly looked up at him and Henry smiled down at her, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "What would I do without you?" He asked in a whisper.

Lizbeth playfully rolled her eyes and stared up at Henry. "I don't know, you tell me."

Henry sighed, remaining silent for a long moment before finally speaking up once more. "This boy...He's done what I would in his shoes. he sailed from Scotland to Land's End and eight thousand Cornish men have joined him, out of hate for me," Henry explained, placing a hand on her back as he moved closer to her, "My army gathers. I must go to them."