34

ROYAL BLOOD
— 34. The Real George

   At Westminster, Lizbeth watched uneasily from her bedroom window as George rode in with a bag over his head and his hands bound behind his back

She impatiently waited for the bag to be taken off, desperate to know what the boy looked like to figure out whether or not it truly was her brother.

She was so caught up in figuring it out she hadn't even noticed that Henry had walked into the room and watched her curiously.

He stopped when he was standing behind her and wrapped his arms around her from the back. He rested his chin on her shoulder and Lizbeth sighed, calming down when she realized it was just him.

"Look at him," Henry told her in a low tone as the bag was removed from George's head.

George looked upwards, his eyes widening at the sight of Westminster Palace. It had been over ten years since he had last been there and it felt odd to be back, to say the least.

Lizbeth turned her head slightly to look at Henry, forcing herself to pay attention to Henry instead of the boy who was now a man, a man who had the chance of being her younger brother.

"Any fool can see he looks nothing like a York," Henry complained and Lizbeth tried to maintain composure as she stood beside him.

She hadn't seen George since he was fifteen, but even then, he looked so much like their mother.

"Are you alright?" Henry suddenly asked, snapping Lizbeth out of her thoughts.

Lizbeth turned to look at Henry, forcing a smile on her face. She nodded, trying to hide her uneasiness. "Yes, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" She lied and by the look he was giving her, Henry knew she was lying.

Henry sighed, giving her one last look before he was forced to leave the room. "Is the court assembled?" She could hear him ask Lord Stanley, who stood just outside the room.

"They await Your Grace's favor," Lord Stanley replied in a calm tone and Henry immediately walked past.

Lizbeth closed her eyes, taking a moment to regain composure before walking out of her room. She suddenly stopped, noticing the look on Lord Stanley's face.

He was studying her expression closely and she knew why. He was wondering the same thing she was. Was it George?

After all, he knew all about what happened in the Tower and it was his own son who let George get away.

Lizbeth sighed in defeat, avoiding eye contact with the man as she rushed past him.

_____