27

ROYAL BLOOD
— 27. Ennobling

England, 1482

England, 1482

    As a celebration occurred in the throne room of the castle, Nora stood in her room, still dressing for the occasion. Lizbeth and Arthur had been allowed to attend the celebration while the rest of the children, including George and Thomas were not, which the duo was unhappy about.

The door opened and Nora jumped, only to see that it was just Edward. She sighed in relief, a smile forming on her lips at the sight of him.

"You are not going to believe what I just caught Thomas and George doing," He informed Nora, who playfully rolled her eyes as she turned to see him smiling, "Stealing wine from the feast."

"You're joking," Nora groaned, turning to him with a disappointed look, "Did you at least take it from them?"

"No," Edward scoffed as he walked over to Nora, an amused look on her face, "I let them pass and told them not to let anyone else see."

"Of course you did," Nora muttered under her breath, a disapproving look on her face.

She turned her back to him, continuing to apply the color to her lips.

Edward smirked, beginning to walk toward the woman he loved with a smirk on his face. He bent down slightly, beginning to lift the skirt of her dress. "Edward, what are you doing?" She asked, smiling slightly as she playfully rolled her eyes on him, "You're drunk, aren't you?"

"I am," He confirmed, causing Nora to laugh as she bent forward. She quickly pressed the palms of her hands on the vanity as Edward leaned against her, pressing a kiss to the crook of her neck while slowly lifting up the skirt of her dress.

"Edward, you are the King, people are surely looking for you right now at the feast," Nora laughed, slowly turning to face him.

"I do not care about them. I want to be with you right now, not them," Edward complained as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.

"Edward," Nora sighed, shooting him a disapproving look.

Despite that, she still kissed him as he led them toward the bed. She soon dropped onto the bed, laughing as Edward hovered over her and began to untie her dress.

"My love, there are things that if I take them off now I won't be able to put back on," Nora complained, an amused look on her face.

"That's good. Keep them off," Edward responded and Nora laughed, wrapping her legs around his waist as they continued to kiss.

PRESENT
1494

     After a meeting was called, Lizbeth stood with Henry, Bishop Morton, and countless others in the Privy Council room.