1

—where you feel the most safe, sometimes can cause you spiral, too. but in the end, just as stories in the books, life gives you a happy ending.

um, we'll see about that.

can i quote a saying from a book i'm reading, please?

here it goes,

"Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book."

John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

Hello, I'm Erin Giselleah Morris. I don't usually read modern books as I am a complete sucker for the captive and glorious words of the past. I've always wanted to be a Sorbonne student and become a writer, it is my highest earthly bliss of vocation. But, my friend Akisha gave me this, and with what happened, I decided to give it a shot. Well, you'll see.

As I continue to read the book, I can't help but to feel sadness throughout my body, slowly rising up until it reaches my head as if it was waiting for the tears to finally go down on my cheeks. Rereading this book I anticipated it would help me cope leaving this town, but I guess not. Now you're probably thinking, what the hell is up to this girl?

People call me Giselle, or whatever you'd like, I have always been a people-pleaser. You see, ever since I was a child I've always had problems being separated with things or people I'm already used to and comfortable with. I guess you could blame my dad for leaving us both my mom when I was only 4 years old. At 4 I understood things, the divorce shit and being separated with one another. Oh, I cuss sometimes forgive me, when I'm enraged. And when I remember the pain my dad caused my mom, it brings back everything.

Now, I'm 17. A boring 17 year old teenager. I live with my mom here in East Texas who works her butt off just to sustain my needs. Right now she is a maid and usually takes care of children. But now that we are losing money because of debt and my school fees, we are forced to move to Los Angeles as my mom has a new household and a child to take care of there. So it was hard for me leaving Texas, leaving my friends, my home, everything.

"Sweetie, let's go. It's time," my mom says, standing in my door with a half-smile.

I packed up the courage and closed my book, and lifted my things.

"You like that book, huh?" said she.

"Yeah, I do," I replied smiling, letting out a little chuckle.

I wasn't looking forward to all of this, leaving my town and living with a stranger's house, but who knows, maybe it's not so bad after all?

The plane ride wasn't so bad, it was quite good actually. But I am already starting to miss Texas. Ugh, what a crybaby I am.

"Ahh. Los Angeles," mom sighed in relief as soon as we got out off the plane.

"Aren't you excited, hun?"

"Yeah, I guess so mom," I said not knowing she noticed the sadness in my tone and face.

"Aw Giselle, it's gonna be alright. Consider this as an adventure!"

She's right. I know this is going to be tough, but I can't dwell on my emotions too much. We need this.

I let out a heavy sigh as she waves her hand in call for a taxi.

We arrived at the place. A very huge place. I was in shock and nervous at the same time.

Mom knocked on the front door, as I grabbed my book and continued to read where I've stopped.

"Hey, get the door!" a woman's voice shouted.

"Pretty busy here, Catalina," a boy answered.

"Just get it, Leonardo!"

The door opened and we heard a boy's voice.

"Can I help you?"