14

10:57am; DiCaprios

I opened my left eye so I would not be fully blinded by the sun, followed by my right. I looked around and realized I had slept in my mom's room, I began to remember what has happened last night, I started fighting back tears and releasing deep breaths beneath my lip. I closed my eyes and muttered,

"Big Guy, please. Help me forget what happened last night."

I turned to my side and picked up my phone-

"10:57 HOLY SHIT!"

Why didn't my mom wake me up?

I rushed and made the bed hurrying downstairs.

"Morning, sleepyhead." Leo casually says taking a sip of his coffee, sitting on the couch comfortably.

"Oh my- I am so, sorry-" I stuttered while fixing my hair a bit.

"It's okay jeez. Chill out. It's dad's day off, and we don't have school so there's nothing to worry about."

"Okay.. how about Mrs. DiCaprio? Who made her lunch and ironned her clothes for office then?"

"I did. It was actually so fun, not gonna lie." he said smiling turning up the volume of the tv.

I scoffed a little, I cannot believe he covered for me.

"You do know I'd still get in trouble for not doing the things I was supposed to be doing, right?" I replied.

He sighed, and minimized the volume of the tv.

"Look, I don't know what to tell you, Giselle. Don't you think your mom would've woken you up if things weren't handled?"

Hmm. Fair point.

What does he mean by that? That he asked my mom to purposely not wake me up? Why on earth would he do that?

I shrugged and walked out.

"Wait." he says

He turns off the tv.

"Do you always look like that when you wake up?" he said.

Bro wtf.

"You're mean, you know that?" I answered while walking away as he laughs.

"Hey." he said.

"Yeah?" I said in a little annoyed voice.

"You okay?

I'm really sorry about last night." he asked looking at me.

"It's not your fault. I also don't want to talk about it." I said shyly, looking away.

He didn't answer.

Well, this has been sufficiently awkward.

I was gonna say something to end the conversation but my phone rang, thank God.

Oh, it's Jayson.

I signaled Leo and walked away as I answered it.

"Hey, what's up?" I started.

"Hey, Giselle! How are you?"

"I'm fine. How are you?" I said as I close my eyes in cringe.

"I'm sorry I wasn't at the party last night, I was out with my mom. You know, the-"

"Tradition. Ah." I figured.

Every year at August 17, Jayson and his mom would go sail on a boat in memory of his dad who passed away 4 years ago. He told me it was his favorite thing to do, as his dad loved doing it.
I'm glad I still remember that, it's one of the perks of having an eidetic memory, I guess.

"It's really nice how you never miss a year," I added.

"Yeah. We look forward to it everytime. Anyway enough about me, Giselle. I really missed you, is Leo giving you a hard time?" We both chuckled.

We shared tons of laughs and stories together. I didn't even notice the time, it's now 2pm. It's nice to have someone to talk to like this. I sighed as I knew I have to hang up now.

"Giselle?" I heard Leo downstairs, he said softly, almost as if I caught him doing something bad.

"Oh, Jayson hey, Leo's calling me downstairs. I'm really sorry, I'll tak to you later?" I said as I walked downstairs.

"I'm sorry.." he said as we both look at the mess he made in the kitchen.

I bursted out laughing while he tries to clean the mess.

"What have you been doing, why didn't you call me?" I told him with laughs in between almost every word.

"You're in a call with somebody. I don't want to be a bother." he said licking the flour splattered in his mouth.

"It's okay, Leo, really. It's my job to make you comfortable. Go wash up, I got this."

"Are you sure..?"

"Yes! Go." I persisted, as he gave me a huge smile.

He's like a child. Goddamit, this is too adorable.

 Goddamit, this is too adorable