10

Ring Ring Ring

After 2 more classes, first day is now officially over. Not so bad, Giselle. I thought to myself while mentally patting my back.

Oh, yeah I still have a lot to do later.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone tapping my right shoulder.

"Hey."

"Hi. Um, I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked holding the strap of my bag.

"Nicolas.. Henderson. You remember?"

I don't.

"We were both in English earlier. And I was also sitting with Leo at lunch," he said brushing his hands through his dark hair.

"Oh. Yeah, Henderson! Yeah I remember you."

Yeah, I don't know him.

But maybe he is popular if he was sitting with Leo.

But why is he talking to me?

"Do you read a lot of Shakespeare books?" he asked while his hands are on his pockets.

"Um, no, not really.. Maybe 2 or 3 of them. Why?"

"Nothing. Your answer earlier was just really impressive, considering you're new, you seem to get the hang of things."

"Thank you," I said in gratitude, smiling.

"I was wondering if you're not busy later, uh, maybe we can grab coffee downtown? Or, dinner. Whatever you'd like."

"What? I mean.. Why, exactly?"

"I just want to get to know you, if that's okay."

"Oh. Okay. Sure, but I don't think I can make it later, I'm pretty busy," I replied.

"That's okay. Whenever you're free, is that fine?"

What a sweet guy.

"Of course! Anyway, I-uh, I should get going, I'll see you later," I said turning around.

"Uh, hey do you have a ride?" he asked before I could walk farther.

"I don't, but it's alright, I'll just get the bus," I answered.

"Come on, I'll take you home," he offers while getting his car keys on his right pocket.

"That won't be necessary.
Is that right, Giselle?"

I saw him at the corner of my eyes, leaning on his car. Leo. His eyes were on the ground, he looked up and locked it into mine, with his dirty blonde hair being in sync with the wind, he was standing, together with his crossed arms.

"Let's go," Leo said climbing inside his car.

I looked at him confused.

And looked at Nicolas also,

"I'll see you later, Nicolas."

Then went to Leo's car.

"Were you following me?" As he was driving, I asked looking at the window on the passenger seat, where I was sitting.

"Why would I?" he scoffed looking at the road.

"I thought you think of me as your younger sister? You must be worried," I teased.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever."
"So you and Nicolas? What's up with you guys?" he asked making a left turn.