28

"She's still asleep, what do you want me to do?"

"What are we doing?"

"Shh, shut up."

"Wake her up, Parupsky."

"Why should I be the one?"

Different ranges of voices scattering in my head, I furrowed my eyebrows in annoyance as I stretch. I opened my eyes slowly, and saw a smiling Danny.

"AHH!!! WHAT THE F—" I jumped out of the bed immediately, I was wide awake.

"Damn, Morris, shut up." Dwyneth says leaning on the wall with crossed arms.

"What are you doing in my room??"

The three of them are all with different display of emotions, Danny is sitting by the bed, his eyes are wide opened from my screaming, Amara was shocked, and Dwyneth looks just as annoyed as always. They all looked at each other and gave a moment of silence, as Dwyneth proceeded to clap her hands and calls, "Alright. Beauty rest is over. We need to get ready."

"For what?" I breathed in exasperation.

"For the Homecoming. And for Paris."

[Montage; I'm Yours by Alessia Cara]

In the middle of the streets, with a stage and well-styled tarpaulin as the cover of the highlights of this event, filled with crowd who are sitting comfortably in chairs and people who are just passing by, the three give out a thumbs up from the crowd...
"We, and my fellow members of this organization are here today on behalf of the Griffiths High, that no student should be left behind!" I called.

At the mall, with Danny picking out the wrongs of the dresses I have picked out, while Amara and Dwyneth are trying their's too...
"Nope," says he as I groan.

In my room, where I'm walking back and forth, Dwyneth lying on my bed with her feet are up floating, Amara, curled up sitting at my desk, and Danny by the floor. We are reading books as we give each other words.
"Bijoux – jewelry."
"Câlin – hug."
"Brindille – twig," calls Danny.
"When would I need to say twig?" I said.
"You wanted to be fluent, right?"

At the mall, again, I literally have no clue where we are going right now—no, no, no, oh my God.
"The wax shop?!"
Dwyneth crosses her arms, "Relax, it's just hair on your thigh, arms, and under that. Oh, and your mustache just in case."
"I have a mustache?"
———————
"Oh my God, please be gentle I've never done this be—AHHHHH!!!"

At Amara's kitchen, where we are all slopped in different positions. Danny sluggishly says, "Alright. Counting all of your organizations, advocacies, and public speeches through the years, we have them all documented ready to be passed. This is your 12th day of reviewing for the exams, right?"

At the mall, again, we are still going through different set of clothing for what we are going to wear for the Homecoming.
"This?" says Amara while she lay a pink dress in front of me as Danny shakes his head in disgust.
"This one?"
"No."
"Come on, Danny—"
"No. Do you not see how that literally is so against her complexion?"

At the park, where the weather fits everyone's preference. It was windy yet sunny enough to escape from gloom. Dwyneth is lying on the grass while she covers her face with another French book, Danny is chewing a gum while writing down all of the things we have accomplished, Amara, also lying on the floor sleeping, and me with earbuds on, listening to complicated French phrases and repeating it all out.

At the mall, finally for the last time, Amara and Dwyneth are on my side as I sit in a rolling chair, the three of us looking at the mirror, as we sigh deeply.
Dwyneth rolled my chair slowly to face Danny, "This is her make-up look. Stand up, Morris."
I stood up from the chair and glided my hands through the dress.
"It's perfect," says Danny.