24

I was appalled. My jaw almost hit the floor. Can it really be? No. It can't be. There is no way.

I threw myself at the bed, my back flat at the mattress, together with the note near to my chest.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I muttered lowly as I look at the ceiling, my mind is filled with the issue with my father, the stupid Homecoming, Leo, and this note.

"It can't be you, Leo. It just wouldn't make any sense," I continued to whisper beneath my breath, turning around as I sit down adjacent to the window above the headboard.

I raised the note once again, the shining moon reflecting directly onto the paper.

"Who are you?"

The night was a blink of an eye, I didn't even realize it was actually finally morning. As soon as I opened my eyes, feeling the texture of the paper still enclosed on my palm, the mysterious note started to linger into my head once again.

I went downstairs after I have finished putting on clothes, my hair was still on a messy and loose side braid as last night.

"Good morning, Lottie."

Startled by his voice, the voice I was not yet prepared to hear, my eyes widened unintentionally as if they were about to gouge out.

"I—Yes, Good morning.. sir Leo."

With a confused look, his perfect eyebrows furrowing, "Everything alright, there, Lottie?"

I turned around back again, getting the carafe out of the machine and pouring a glass for him, "Why wouldn't it be?"

With an even suspicious stare, he took the mug out of my hand and breathed, "Thanks, I could've poured it myself, though. A-And, why are you calling me that again?"

"What? Yes. Uh, well, just because. I-I-I forgot. Anyway, I'm gonna go—"

"Wait, who's taking you?"

"The bus!" I shouted as I closed the door behind me, with my bag barely on my shoulders, my hair was a complete mess, and my layered necklaces are tangled.
"Argh!" I groaned as I struggle to fix my necklaces while walking.

Whispering quietly, my bag has given up as I held it with my right hand instead. I was spiraling as I walk.

"Why is this note even bothering me? I've been receiving these for months on end and I haven't put an ounce of care into this bullshit," I muttered fast, looking straight ahead by the ground.

"Goddamit, please cooperate with me." I muttered silently as my bag fell, few notebooks have fallen, seeing again, the note.

It's just a stupid note.
I forced myself to think that it's just a stupid note. As I walk again, as fast as I could.

I lifted my feet starting with the right by the stairs of the bus, as I pay the conductor.

"Is she?" he paused, talking to someone at the end of the bus. "Oh, no need. That boy already covered for you." he continues, looking at my messed-up self.

"What the fuck?" I whispered as I saw him by the window seat at the back.

"Oh, hey Lottie."

"Why are you here?" I said with a straight face.

"Sit down, child," the old conductor smiles as I do so.

"He's nice, isn't he?" Leo took a look of the conductor as well, as his face moves closer to my face.