19

"Did you get your cufflinks, Leo?"

"Giselle"

"Yeah, they're at the back."

"Giselle"

"Abilene, Leo, take your positions."

"Giselle."

My thoughts were stopped and my presence came back.
"Yes, Miss Davis?"

"You're at the way, Giselle," she says, as I look at the people beneath the three feet stage.

"Oh, I am so sorry, I-I was just finding brushes in here–"

"It's okay, dear. If you could just take a step back so we could start," Miss Davis added, as I nod,
immediately exiting the stage.

I went back inside and the other prop makers are already there, continuing where we left off. Taking a silent yet heavy sigh, I sat on the floor, grabbing the same paintbrush I was holding earlier as I continue to make the prop.

"Giselle, we need more scissors and cutter to cut the cardboard," Amy, who is sitting beside me mutters.

I nodded in agreement, standing up, "Sure, I'll go find some at the front."

I went outside and saw them still not rehearsing, probably just taking a break. I was trying my best to find the materials needed as I was interrupted with a fret voice.
"Giselle. You have read the book, right?" Miss Davis exclaims.

Startled, I nodded my head slowly.

"Great! Abilene was called by the Student Council adviser, an urgent meeting occured and the president was needed. Anyway, I need you to fill her in temporarily," she says, putting a lace around my neck that says at the bottom, "Catherine Earnshaw"

"Oh, I don't know—I mean, I think Priya can–"

"Come on, Giselle. It's just for one scene," Miss Davis cuts me off, leaving me on the stage with Leo.

Fuck.

Students' eyes are at the both of us, as well as I, looking at the audience underneath the stage. My heart was pounding, but I was surprised by the warmth yet cold hand wrapped around my wrist.

I looked up, and felt the comfort of his smile,
"It's okay. Just follow my lead."

I gave out a faint smile, still having bits of panic attacks. As he lets go of my hand, and mutters,
"Catherine, forever will you be with me?"

Um, okay. This is the part where they reveal their feelings to each other. "Forever will you be with me?" What's my line? Ugh, why is this happening to me!

Until it came to me, as I took a deep breath, and slowly exclaims, "My love for you Heathcliff, resembles eternal rocks beneath.. a-a source of visible delight, but necessary."

I paused, looking at his eyes, "I will. I will forever be with you."

Shit. Heathcliff kisses Catherine. I'm not ready for this, someone get me out of her

"Cut!" Miss Davis shouts, with her hands clapping.

Oh, thank God.

"See, was that so bad?" she added as I let out a small smile.

"W-wait, Miss Davis I thought we were doing the whole scene?" Leo says, reaching out to her.