26

It was visible in my appearance that I was tired and ready to jump into bed, but I just really want for this noise in my head to shut the fuck up.

"It's 30 minutes past after school," I mumbled beneath my breath.

I placed down my bag and sat on the floor, I really just want to cry my heart out.

Taking the paper closer, I folded it in two and took a deep sigh, but my tiredness jumped out of my soul when I saw DiCaprio walking in the hall.

My eyes widened, I stood up and called, "What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" he answers in confusion. "I thought you were going somewhere?"

"Y-Yeah. Here."

"What? Are you avoiding me agai—"

"Giselle, you actually came."

We both turned our heads behind us and saw, Jayson Andrews.

"I don't understand," Leo mutters.

"You—T–This is yours?" I said lifting the paper, as my head could not begin to process what was happening.

"Yes, I thought you would not come — well, because I didn't put my name or some–"

"Y-You're the one who sent this?" I reiterated, my eyes are beginning to tear up.

"I did not get the chance to tell you how I feel about you back in Houston, because we drifted apart. But now, I still like you, Giselle. A lot. I thought you and Leo had something going on so I didn't reached out to you immediately. Which brings me to my question, what are you doing here, Wilhelm?"

Leo's face was pale, he was looking at the both of us, as he stammers, "Nothing. I-I was actually about to get going. I'll uh, I'll see you both."

My eyes followed him as he walked, the tip of the paper gently pinching my skin as I still attempt to wrap my head around as to what was happening. I looked back at Jayson, with his set smile, he continues, "Will you be my girlfriend, Giselle?"

Amara's; 8:27pm

"He what?!" Danny screams, and took a pause from checking out one of Amara's dresses in the mirror.

"I know. Some high school bullshit right? No, I mean, for real. What am I gonna do?" I asked, getting up from Amara's bed.

"What do you mean what are you gonna do, what did you say to him, then?" Dwyneth responds, cutting out papers as she sits on the floor.

"I-I didn't, answer him. I just — basically, fell silent."

Amara, now getting the empty juice glasses out of the table joined, "You owe me a hundred bucks, Colbert."

"What—she didn't say she's in love with DiCaprio!" Danny protests.

"What are they talking about?" I asked, leaning a bit forward to face Dwyneth.

"Amara bet that you'll fall for Leo before the year ends but Danny insisted that you will grow old single," she answers, as I threw a pillow to Amara and Danny with all my might.

Hearing a sound coming from the edge of the bed, I called, "Oh, shit! What time is it?"

"It's only 8:30, numbnut, why?"