27

Blinded by the bright sunlight coming from the window, I couldn't help but to be awoken. Seeing a tinge of the sight-depriving yellow, I opened my eyes slowly, and walked over the window to close the blinds.

"Ouch," was all I could begin to say, I stumbled into the side of my bed, as I look down at my body, I was still wearing the same clothing I had last night.

"Giselle!" shouts mother, as I let a filled groan.

Slowly walking down the stairs, my mind was pervaded with what has transpired last night. I was lost with all my thoughts, but I was interrupted by my mom's voice once again.

She snaps her fingers, "Hey."

"Huh?"

She pointed to the prepared food within the tray using her eyes, as I finally got out of my wide array of thoughts.

"Aren't you hot? Turtleneck and a coat, Erin?" she continues, while I carefully carry the tray as I walk towards the dining room.

"Here you go, Brian, Catalina."

Sipping his coffee, Mr. DiCaprio calls, "Ah. I see you finally learned to call us by our first names."

"She's a polite one, honey, that's why," Mrs. DiCaprio adds, as I smiled gently.

Walking towards the couch, I took a silent sigh.

"We don't have any blueberry," I said.

"It's still pancake though. Thanks, Lottie."

"How did things go with your dad?" he adds, munching on the pancakes I gave him.

My eyes widened a bit, remembering what my dad and I have talked about.

"Uh—Nothing. Well, I mean — Not exactly nothing, per se.  I was just – It was uh, it was great."

With an utter confused expression plastered on his face, he placed down the fork and calls, "Oh...kay."

"School," I muttered.

"What?"

"I'm gonna go get ready for school."

come on, Morris, get it together. 

I vowed myself that I will do my utmost best to not dwell on the things that I have learned, like being in love with that dumbass. I took a sigh, "It's gonna be okay."

I was holding my bag with both of my hands, as I curl my eyebrows seeing him by the front yard. 

"What are you doing here, Jayson?"

He was leaning on his motorcycle, holding a helmet, while the other one is on the seat. 

"I'm here to pick you up, what do you mean?"

Blinking a few times, I stammered, "I don't—Um, what?"

"Come on, Mr. Porter sure gets his dander up when someone is late at his class."

Still being confused, I breathed, "H-How do you know my schedule?"

He sat on the vehicle, as he puts his helmet, he raises the other. 

"You coming or not?"

"Uh, I—I gues–"

"Great!"

It was okay, we didn't exactly talked that much since of course, he was driving. But I still do not understand why he would take me to school out of the blue, especially the day after his confession. Walking past through filled halls, I was greeted by a panting DiCaprio.