8

As I was placing my stuff on my locker, Dwyneth tapped my arms rapidly.

"Giselle. Giselle," she exclaimed.

"Just a sec these books won't fit i–"

"Hey, new girl," a high pitched voice scattered the room.

I looked right up immediately and found the same girl with a high ponytail with pink skirt and white top and heels looking at me, with two girls following her.

"Um, I'm sorry were you talking to me?"

She closed my locker door with force which made me flinched a bit.

"Look, if I were you, I would do my best to make a great impression to everybody as a new student here. And being with, Leo, won't help. You wouldn't want being hated especially on your first day, right? Yeah, I figured. So back off, do you understand me?" she said with a wide smile yet is so intimidating.

"Excuse me?" I exclaimed.

"Don't you have anything better to do Priya?" Dwyneth snapped.

"Aw. Cranky, huh Panda?" she crossed her arms and made a pity face.

"I told you to stop calling me that."

"Priya can I get an autograph?" Danny joined the conversation and Dwyneth hit him.

"Oh, I wonder what it's like for rejects. Let's go," Priya sighed and walked away together with her crew.

"Don't mind her," Dwyneth comforted me.

"Has she been always like that?" I asked.

"What, a bitch? Yeah," she chuckled.

"Yeah, but I'd die to hang out with her," Danny says still looking at Priya.

"Ew, why?" Dwyneth asks in disgust.

"Come on guys, let's just get to class," I zipped my bag and walked.

It was a bit shocking to me, then again what did I expect? I just have to ignore Leo as much as possible.

We went to our first period which is AP Calculus, the seats at the back are already taken so we had no choice but to sit in the front.

"Move," I heard the voice of Priya. Great. We are in the same class. It's too early, I can't take this.

"Sorry, Priya," the girl said, fixing her things and finding herself a seat.

"Come, sit with me!" I offered.

She sat and smiled shyly.

"Thanks."

"I-I'm Giselle, I'm new here," I introduced, giving out a smile.

"Hey girly 'sup. Dwyneth."

"I'm Danny. Nice glasses girl."

"Thank you. I'm Amara," she replied with a weak smile as she adjusts her glasses.

I looked at Priya and back at Amara, as I spoke, "I'm sorry about her."

"It's alright, I'm used to it by now. We all are," she said looking down, with a faint smile.

"—I'm so sorry for being late, class. Listen, we have a new student joining us today, I expect you all to be in your best behavior. Uh, Morris? Is there a Morris in here?" he said in a rush holding his coffee on his left hand and a paper on the other, reading I guess the list of students.

"That's me, Mr.."

"Porter." Dwyneth whispered.

"Porter, yes." I chuckled nervously.

"Introduce yourself, Morris," he said while fixing his things on his desk.

I looked at Dwyneth and Danny and they signaled me to get to the front.
I did, of course.

"Um, okay. Well, my name's Erin Giselleah Morris, but—people call me Giselle. Uh, I'm 17 years old, and I just moved here from Texas."

"Alright, thank you uh.."

"Giselle," I replied.

He nods, as he continues, "Giselle. Well, now let's get to our first topic!"

"He has a weak short-term memory," Dwyneth whispered when I got back on my seat.

"Yeah, that's why sometimes when we forget to do our homework, we just tell him he didn't give us at all and he would be convinced," Danny added, Dwyneth laughed, as I chuckled.

4 subjects have passed and it is now lunch, Danny is I'm pretty sure still in his English, and Dwyneth is in her Art class. We don't have the same schedule which is kind of scary to me, but I have to get used to it.

I bought a regular sandwich and a coca-cola, as well as an apple. As I turned around, everyone is on their cliques and friends. The cafeteria is so loud, considering how big it is, I could hear everyone. I roamed around trying to find a table, only to see Leo from afar. He was with girls and jocks sitting beside him. He was also looking at me with a sly and gentle smile. What's his deal? I finally found one and sat on it by myself, eating my lunch. My eyes are scanning the whole cafeteria and I'm the only one alone. I wonder where Amara is? I accidentally glanced over Leo and he laughed at something one of his friends said, then glanced at me also.

"Why?" He mouthed.

I waved my hand telling him 'nothing'.

I continued to eat my lunch when a few seconds later someone sat in front of me. Yep, you guessed it right. It's Leo.

I looked at the table he was sitting earlier and the girls are looking at me.
"What are you doing here?" I looked back at him and said.

"What do you mean?" he replied drinking my coke.

"Uh, excuse me I paid for that?" I said annoyed.

"Listen, you need to go back there," I added grabbing my can of coke from his mouth.

"You're still on that? Dude, chill," he laughed as he leans back.

"I can't let Miss Giselleah sit here all by herself, aw, poor Erin," he teased as he pinches my cheeks, annoyed, I smacked his hand to get it away from my face.

"Knock it off," I said as I shake my head, taking a bite of my apple.

"So, how's your first day so far?" he asked looking at me.

"It's nice. Really nice actually, I already have 3 friends!" I told him excitedly.

"Already? Wow. I'm impressed," he said smiling.

"Hey, Giselle!" I heard a voice from afar and it got clearer once it got close.

"Hey, Jayson!" I replied, as I offered him a seat.