5

The next morning, I was waken by my mom opening the curtain of the window, nagging.

"You're really not gonna get out of that bed? Giselle this is the last straw, I've been waking you up for 30 minutes! You can't be like this anymore, Erin Giselleah."

"Okay mom I'm sorry, I'm up. I'll do better, I promise," I said as I stretch, squinting from the exposure of the sun.

"Alright. Now please go down the stairs and make some breakfast for them," she says, referring to the DiCaprios.

I went downstairs and heated up the frying pan. I was still half-asleep to be honest. But I heard people talking from the living room.

I took a peek and I only saw a man that looks like Leo, but older. Huh, strange. Who was he talking t—

"What's for breakfast?"

"AHH!"

"AHHH!"

I screamed as Leo cuts me off from my thoughts. It took him by surprise causing him to scream as well.

"Jesus. You scared me, again!" I said to him.

"Oh, and you think you didn't scare me?" he said defensively.

"Whatever. Is that your dad?"

"Yeah why were you peeking?" he answered.

"Nothing. What do you want for breakfast?" I asked him.

"Well, well, well."
"Are you sure? I don't want you burning down our house," he said folding his arms.

I scoffed. "Excuse me? I am capable of cooking food. Actually, I'm really good at it." I said defending myself.

"Pancakes and bacon," he said while getting himself a bottled water.

"Have you even met my dad?"

"No, he wasn't here yesterday," I said while preparing the pancake batter.

"He was at work. Come I'll introduce you to him," he said.

"No Leo, not looking like this."

"Come on it's not like you don't look like that all the time," he replied.

"Wha—How dare you."

He pulled me to the living room as I keep convincing him to let go.

"No Leo, no! I couldn't possibly–"

"Hey dad."

Ah great.

"This is Giselle, I've mentioned earlier," he says to his dad.

"Oh, hi Giselle. Bryan," he says, with his hand opened offering to shake mine.

"Hello, sir Bryan. It's nice to meet you but I don't think you should shake my hand it's kind of dirt—oh, okay."

He cuts me off by shaking my flour-covered hand.

"Good to see you. Well, I better get going I'm gonna be late," he said.

"Okay dad, see you later," Leo says as he opened the door for sir Bryan.

I went back to the kitchen and continued making breakfast.

Continuing, I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. Mrs. DiCaprio had just woken up yet she has a smile on her face, greeting Leo and I.
"Good morning, Giselle."

"Good morning, Mrs. DiCaprio."

"Good morning, honey. Your dad already left to work?" she said talking to Leo.