6

"Jayson?"

"Giselle?"

"Oh my god it's you! Jayson wow you look great. I didn't know you moved here as well," I said as I entered through the door.

"You two know each other?" Leo interrupted Jayson before he could say anything.

"Uh, yeah we were classmates from middle school until Junior year in Texas," Jayson answered still looking at me.

Jayson Andrews. In our high school in East Texas, he is the popular guy I guess you could say. But he isn't like most of the popular guys who are dicks and jerks. He is actually nice once you get to know him. I tutored him once and helped him get a B+, and ever since then he helped me gain my social life and made me more well-known. I couldn't care less to be honest.

"Giselle, you look amazing," he added.

As someone who isn't used to being complimented, I paused, as I gave out a set smile, "T-Thank you." 

"Giselle, really you can go home now," Leo says in defense.

"What, why? Giselle come sit, it's been a while," Jayson said tapping the open space of the couch beside him.

I sat down. I was a bit uncomfortable as I'm the only girl in the room.

"So what's up Morris? How did you get here?" he asked.

"She lives in my house," Leo answered.

"Wait, what?" he said confused.

"Oh, it's not what it looks like, see, my mom is their housemaid and I do my best to help," I replied.

"Wow that's great. You never changed. You're still really kind,"
"—and beautiful."

"Giselle, let's go home," Leo cuts off the silence between us and headed to the front door with his car keys.

"What?" I looked at him confused.

I followed him outside and hopped inside his car.

"What is your problem?" I said a little annoyed.

"Nothing. I just wanna go home and my mom would kill me if I leave you there," he answered calmly. I shrugged it off as I waved goodbye to Jayson through the seamless window and looked straight to the road as Leo drives.

"Slow down, you're a little tipsy."

He didn't answer. The whole ride was silent but it wasn't awkward. Until Leo got a call but he didn't answer it, so it went to voicemail.

"Hey man where are you? You okay? Call me back."