21

"Erin, you—you're all grown up, come here!"

He was really happy. But all I could think of is how he abandoned us.

"No."
"Where have you been?" I persisted. Everyone in the room was looking at us.

I needed answers, but he couldn't even look me in the eyes.

"I-I'm, really sorry, Gisell–"

"Where have you been?" I said, now with a stroke of anger, yet my eyes are completely telling sadness.

Taking a little step backwards, he mutters, "I was scared. Scared, th-that I would not be a good father for you."

"Yeah, you've managed it," I cut him off, my eyes are getting blurry from the visible tears. I was trying so hard to hold it back.

Tilting his head, looking straight at me, "Your mom and I, we—we were, young. A-and I wasn't ready. I am so sorry, to the both of you."

Believe me, I wanted to be mad at him. But I just couldn't. All the anger for him that have built up in my head was suddenly just, gone?

"You didn't answer my question," I told him, still with a stern emotion. I could feel my hands shaking.

He has a guilt-ridden face, "I didn't have any money. I went away, because, well, I didn't want you to think less of me. I am so sorry for the pain I've cause you, my Giggles–"

My mother slid in the center of us, tears are prepared to droop, "Why did you come back, then?"

Reaching in his chest pocket, he handed me a card.

Morris+Company | @moco_arch

A drop of tears from my eye went straight at the white card, "The—The Morris Company? B-but—I don't, I don't understand I thought–"

"I wanted to build this for you," he took a pause.
"But I had to work in silence, because I cannot let you live your life with no reassuranc–"

"I don't care about the money, dad! Isn't it ironic how mom and I are here working for other people? I would give anything just to have the life with you."

My whole existence cannot believe how shallow really is the reason why he left us.

My right eye is tinkling from the tears, they finally went down. Both of my eyes. I gave a scoff, as I couldn't believe this whole matter.
"Wha — I, Why would you—"

"Aren't you happy, Giselle? You can finally get out of here—"

"Happy?" I exclaimed.
"This–is, literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard! You—left us, to build your own company, and then come back, expecting all is well and we would go with you?"

I felt weak, my body is prepared to sink and collapse, but I fought and turned around, walking away from the room.

"Giselle," Leo says, with a very much concerned look, trying to grab my hand, but I was busy rushing away from everyone.

He followed me through the hall, continuously calling me, "Lottie."
"Lottie, please talk to me."
"Giselle I — do you need me to go? Lottie."

I finally stopped walking. Heat was rushing through my body, I was angry, and sad, yet I didn't want to admit it. Taking a few seconds before turning around, I ran towards his direction, my messy hair was flowing in the air, my layered necklace was glistening from the reflection of the sun, the marks of ink in my fingers from reading too much books were transferred as I wipe my wet eyes, and he was still standing. I took a halt a feet away from him, as I blink a few times before wrapping my arms on his neck, and broke. I let all my tears go.

He was stiff as he was surprised.

"I'm so sorry, please just—let me be here for a second," I told him in between cries.

He finally softens, and wraps his hands around my torso. "It's okay. And, I'm sorry about your father," he said softly underneath my ear, which made me shiver.

His comfort somehow made me feel so much better than minutes ago, I didn't want it to end. But I finally let go, as I smile looking up to him.
"Is it bad that I let myself be this attached with you?"

He tuck a piece of my hair onto the back of my right ear, which made my heart pound fastest than it ever had, I could feel the heat on my face.
"Don't worry, I let myself, too."

I was in awe, on how pure his voice was. He was looking straight at my eyes, his blue eyes were sharp and twinkling.

Then with the silence between us, it was like a lightning bolt, sudden awkwardness ran through the both of us. We both swiftly took a step back from each other, as Leo gives out a nervous laugh.
"I meant — as a — friend, you know. I'm attached to you, well, because you're my–"

"Friend. Of course," I replied, tapping my head and sharing a laugh or two, as well.

Leo lets out an awkward sigh, "What happened?"

I, also snapping out from the situation, "Well, uh, let's see."
"We were hugging and uh, my dad came back and we're friends — holy shit. My dad came back."

"And — you're rich!" he exclaims, stroking his messy bangs off of his forehead.

My jaw was still slightly opened, "What?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, "What do you mean what? The architecture company, the Morris'!"
"You know I should actually be the one serving you. It is I, my great highness, the servant of the young Miss Lottie–no, forgive me, Miss Erin Giselleah—"

Looking at how hilarious his face was, I spoke letting out a few giggles, "Stop, no, I'm not rich. That's my dad's company, a-and — I don't think I'm ready to face him again."

Him standing up from his bowing position, he says, "That's okay. I mean, I'll never understand how painful that must've been for you but – I'm always here for you, alright, Lottie?" he smiles, then proceeded to mess up my hair by shaking his hand on the top of my head and putting his arm around my shoulder, which has always put a smile on my face.

"Wanna play Call of Duty?"

Lifting my head and eyebrows up, I spoke, "I am going to beat your ass so hard, you won't ever dare invite me to play again," I told him as I ran towards the stairs, up to his room and closed the door behind me.

"Let me in, you little sprout!"