Mermaid?

You And Matt Are In Highschool Together

You hated gym class. It wasn't that you didn't like sports, you didn't mind that at all you hated having to come up with an excuse as to why you couldn't go near the showers after class. You weren't sure how you'd explain having a huge bright fish tail to the students.
"Come on hurry up." Your teacher yelled as you hopped about and attempted to keep your feet dry.
"Sorry I'm almost done." You sighed and hurried out, ready to get home.

You found yourself swearing under your breath when the heavens decided to open and you became drenched there was no chance you would get home in time, your body gave out and you had to hide just so you could tug your jeans of and watch as your tail formed.
"Holy shit, you're that girl from school." You heard and glanced around the tree you were leaning against to see that of all people Matt Damon had pulled up and stopped.
"Leave me alone." You sighed and he chuckled as he wondered over to you.

"Yeah sure ok." Matt muttered and went to get back in his car, you wanted know why he wasn't reacting like you'd expect someone to react to a mermaid sat alone in the rain.
"Wait!" you gasped and he stopped.
"You need someone to take you home, I mean there's supposed to be a lot of rain but not enough for you to swim in." Matt chuckled and you nodded.
"Please." You mumbled and he lifted you into his car. "I live... at the um... research centre by the river."

"So how long you been a mermaid?" Matt asked and stared at your tail and looked like he was plotting.
"About as long as you've been an arrogant jerk." You sighed and he let out a laugh.
"You know I'm... kind of like you." Matt  offered up and you weren't sure what he meant.
"Apparently there's a reason for my thing with blood." Matt sighed.
"Oh yeah I remember someone saying... the girl's bathroom?" Matt glared at you and you stopped talking.

"Upir, I know a werewolf and a witch to." Matt muttered casually and your mouth dropped wide open.
"You mean that there are other like people that are..." you trailed of but he nodded.
"Yeah, listen are you sure you want to stay in that place it's falling apart and run down plus I'm pretty sure after like the parties I throw there I just dump my trash in the water." Matt asked.
"Not like I have anywhere else, thanks to your company I can't go in the river." You glared at him and he held his hands up.

"In the white tower's basement there's a huge tank it's set up like the sea so Pryce can experiment on plants but I don't see what the harm in sticking you in there will do." Matt muttered and you glared at him.
"I'm not going to a science lab." You grumbled.
"Science lab or polluted water." Matt hummed and turned towards the road that led to the white towers. "I don't like it when people make me feel bad so you can have the nice clean tank."
"Oh gee thanks." You sighed, secretly glad that he'd found you.