Chapter Five - Secrets

After finishing, the two sat and held each other as they tried to catch their breath. John's head hovered over her neck, and she still had a death grip on his shoulders. Her chin rested on his shoulder.

John slowly pulled away from her, and she released her grasp on him. He looked down on her and pressed their heads together. Rae hated to admit it, but she smiled at the man. His thumb on her bare thigh ran in circles before he pulled away completely. Cold air instantly hit her body before she hopped off the desk. She grabbed her pants at her ankles and began pulling them up, but was distracted by the baptist in front of her.

John paid no attention to the woman gazing at him. He looked down at his shirt and buttoned what she had undone. She watched as his chest slowly became covered again, and she instantly missed it. She returned back to herself and made herself look the way she did before.

As she finally finished her appearance, she sat back on the desk where she was before. She folded her arms across her chest, and focused her attention back on the man. He ran a hand through his hair to fix, again, what she had messed up.

When he was finally satisfied with his looks, he looked at the woman. He resisted a joke about round two, because of where she decided to sit. But he knew now it was time for business.

"So, deputy," he said as he walked back towards her, "do you have anything you wish to share?"

Her face instantly fell. She knew, at first, this was a ploy to get her to confess. But deep inside of her, she began to wish it was different. And she hated herself for it.

"Was that just a trick, then, John?" she asked without a second thought.

He scoffed and put both of his hands on her covered thighs. Without thinking, he slowly moved them back and forth. "You know it wasn't. I could feel you craving it. I could sense your sin, deputy. You need to become every one of your sins in order to confess and atone. And that was one you hadn't become yet."

She frowned at the man before her. "So it was a trick then. Just so you could get me to tell you what you wanted to hear. I should have known better." She rolled her eyes. She wanted to push him away. But something kept her stuck there.

"It's not that, deputy. But I knew what you wanted. You can't deny that." His hands squeezed her thighs slightly, referring to just a few minutes ago.

She looked at him with wide eyes. "I came to your house to kill you, to take your house for our own, and you think I came to have sex with you?"

He stopped moving his hands, but started them back up when he finished talking. "You did though, didn't you?"

"John, the only reason I slept with you was because you started it. How could I have resisted you when you made all those advances?"

His hands slowly came to a pause again, and he looked into her eyes with a proud look. He winked after saying, "you couldn't resist me, huh?"

She sighed and finally pushed John away gently. He took a few steps back to allow her to move. She jumped off of the desk and began towards the door. John didn't try to stop her, either.

The whole way through his house, she wanted to scream. She wanted to hit the walls and break the pictures hanging there. It was her fault for being so stupid, but she hated John that much more for initiating such an activity.

Just before she walked out the front door, John shouted from his office. "Oh, and deputy? Make sure you keep this between us, hm?"

She made no response other than lifting her hand and extending her middle finger.

It had gotten significantly darker outside. She hadn't realized just how long she was with John. But she thanked Grace silently when she found her sitting at the same spot. She prayed to herself that she didn't have a clue as to what went on.

"What the hell happened to you?" she asked, noticing a hand print on Rae's throat. She now wanted to scream at John more. He had to of noticed it. But he ignored it on purpose.

"Oh... it's John, y'know?" she said with a nervous laugh. "If he doesn't try to kill you, you'd wonder what's wrong with him."

"Hmm," she muttered. She handed her stuff back to Rae.

"We should get back to Fall's End," she said with no further information.

"Yeah," Grace said in agreement.

should the updates continue? yes? no? opinions?