Chapter Eighteen - Jacob's Confession

Jacob, like John, had to visit Joseph. To confess what he had done. Jacob hated confessing to his younger brother, simply for that reason. With him being older, he felt ridiculous trying to get an okay from him.

However, he know what he had to do. The day after he slept with Rae, he visited Joseph.

"Jacob, pleasure seeing you, as always," Joseph stated as he greeted him by placing his arms on his shoulders and touching foreheads.

"Yeah. I just need to confess some things."

Joseph nodded. "Very well. We may go to the confession room, and we can speak."

Jacob followed Joseph to his confession room, which was in the back of his church. The room was somewhat small, but Joseph liked it that way. The smaller the room, the less room a confession has to go around.

"What do you need to talk about?" Joseph asked his brother.

"I did something bad the other day. I don't regret it, but I want to. I'm not sure if it's that bad."

"Continue."

Jacob brought a hand to the back of his neck. "I slept with the deputy. It was only a one time thing."

"Okay." Joseph closed his eyes and pointed his head up. "God tells me that you are forgiven. I forgive you, Jacob. Eden's Gate is still open to you."

Jacob nodded. He was about to stand, but Joseph continued talking.

"But... brother to brother, I want to give you some advice. Don't let her get you under her spell. She's a bit... known to this nature." Joseph didn't want to spill John's confession, as that was deeply frowned upon. But he didn't want Jacob to be as hurt as John was.

Jacob laughed, remembering her from the day before. "Trust me, I know."

Joseph only cringed, "I don't need details, brother."

Joseph finally excused Jacob from his confession room. He stayed there for just a few minutes longer, wondering what he was going to do about the woman. The voice refused to give him any insight on what to do, which he hated. Of all things, this is what he needed assistance with.

She was the biggest sinner in Hope County, and he wasn't sure how to deal with her. She had John wrapped around her finger, as he had given up making her confess. And now Jacob, too. It was obvious he wouldn't try to train her.

It was just down to Joseph and Faith. He didn't want Faith to get her hands on her. The Bliss was good, but not for people like Rae. Faith had previously begged Joseph to drug Rae, but Joseph wouldn't allow her. She had only stopped when Joseph threatened to punish her for her envy of John and Jacob.

"Deputy Rae, what am I ever going to do with you?" Joseph questioned.