Chapter 3 - Morning sunshine

* Unique *

I woke up tired and annoyed as today is the first day at my new job. I thought about my mother and who would've done it too her. How long would she would've been there? I'm gonna go back to the house after work just to see if I missed anything. The thing that scares me is what if someone sees me? I got out of bed and looked at my phone.

*Text*
Boss 🙄

*Yesterday*
Tomorrow at 6, gym. Remember to bring an extra outfit for the office.

*Today *

I planned on it. Also that's early

Stop complaining, see you later Fire.

You know my name isn't fire right? It's Unique.

Oh Fire your names whatever I want it to be.
*read*

*Text Ends*

I rolled my eyes at his final text before throwing my phone on my bed and walking away. I grabbed my red training bra that matched with my red shorts so I could take a shower. I hopped out and just looked at myself in the mirror.

"Unique don't fall back into that trap." I said brushing my teeth. Then I did my facial routine. It wasn't like I had tons of acne, I just didn't plan on taking no chances. I grabbed an apple and water bottle before hopping in my car. I could already feel this was gonna be a long ass day. When I got there the parking lot was empty except for one other car and some SUV's.

I tried the front door which was open to my surprise. I guess I should get used to it, I do work for a mob boss now and I'm his bodyguard. I looked around outside at the dim street lights as the sun began to come up. I took a deep breath before walking in. The lights were very dim giving an weird chill down my back. It seemed as if the building was deserted and I'm in scene from a horror movie. I walked to the stairs as I had the day before, I continued to watch behind my back as I walked up the stairs.

I got to the second floor and checked before walking out of the stair case. I quickly moved towards the gym. Before walking in I was stopped by two large men as they looked me up and down.

"I'm Mr.Russo's trainer" I said rolling my eyes pushing through as they watched me.

I feel eyes still watching me though not the kind of bodyguard eyes though. It feels like if someone far away is carefully watching and observing me watching my body top from bottom. I don't know if this is just me being paranoid, it happens every time I dump a body. This time like many others I had no choice, I'm back in town so of course I'd be the first suspect. Which means I'd be on live news, newspapers, and online. If I was he and them would find me and I can't have that happening.

I put my bag down on the floor looking around. "Fire." I heard from behind me making me jump and quickly turn around swinging. I hit the person in the face, I knew because of the facial features I felt. It took a second to realize I hit Dontrell. My boss! He responded quickly as well giving a hard punch to my face. I responded with a powerful punch to his stomach as he took the punch in groaning back, I took the time to scoot back and grab my face. I realized it would cause a bruise but I got back in my stance. Once Dontrell realized what he did and noticed my dark red cheek he got closer. "Are you okay?" He asked moving closer. Once he moved close enough I did the same move as yesterday.

"What's rule 1?" I said standing over him.

"Never check on your opponent until it's over." He said pulling me down.

"Oh look so you do remember you just choose not to listen." I said rolling my eyes.

"Fire you have to understand. I don't hurt women unless they aren't making it out."

"Well when we fight I'm not a woman, I'mma man with a penis and everything. And I'm making it out asshole" I said making us burst out in laughter.

"Okay Okay but in all seriousness, I have a question for you."

"Talk." I said taking a sip outta my water bottle.

"Why'd you dispose of a body last night?" He said making me freeze and choke on my water.