Chapter 4 - My first day.

* Unique *

"Why'd you dispose of a body last night?" Dontrell asked making my heart drop to my stomach. How'd he know? Wait I should've payed more attention to my surroundings, this is all my fault. I just stared at him as I could see anger fill his eyes. "Maybe I should ask who's body did you dispose last night." He asked.

"Dontrell I-" I tried to say before being cut off.

"Unique I'm telling you, let me know or you'll be the next body disposed. Who's body was it?" He said now with no emotion. I've seen that face with many people in my life, mines at one point if I'm honest.

"My mothers." I said sighing giving up. He laughed.

"Okay Unique very funny but I warned you to stop playing. Who's body was it?" He more of growled this time.

"I'm telling you it was my mothers! Nobody else's you imbecile!" I yelled taking him obviously by surprise. His eyes widen glaring at me for yelling at him, maybe that wasn't the best idea in the world.

"Did you kill her?" He asked still shooting daggers with his eyes towards me. If looks could kill lets say I'd be dead by now.

"No I didn't kill her! I just got back in town and if the fucking police would've discovered her body, I would've been the first suspect." I explained as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Would you like to explain why?" He asked rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"No I would not like to explain my past. Now can we do what I'm being payed for?"

* After the workout, about to start work *

I looked at the time, 8 am. So fucking early. We walked upstairs to a few people in the office but not many. I was given a quick tour then showed my office space. I had the closest space to his office, basically directly next to it.  It was a simple area. I had a few shelf's behind me, a computer, phone, printer, pen & pencil cup, trash can. Then some extra room for whatever I decided to do. I think I'm going to get a candy bowl those are cool.

He explained to me how I'd have to be here earlier than everyone else so I could do all of my work. I just went along with it. When we walked into his office it was huge. It was very sentimental. He seemed like a family man but who in this business isn't?

I was handed a stack of papers that needed to be done. I needed to do background checks, call up people for a dinner party, check bank accounts and type everything up. I started off with backup checks. I found out some very interesting things about these men that I had to do these background checks on. By the time I finished it was about 10 and I needed something to eat. I walked away from my desk to go get another apple but when I came back someone was trying to get into Dontrell's office. I rolled my eyes. Is this what it's gonna be like working here? I rushed over and tapped his shoulder as he quickly turned almost making me fall over.

"Did you need something?" He asked. The mysterious man had on a nicely kept suit but it's had to be bleached multiple times. The smell and color of it was just giving it off. I have no idea of why you'd need to bleach it that many times. Maybe I did but I didn't want to think of that and jump to conclusions, of course.

"I could ask the same to you." I said keeping a professional smile.

"I was trying to talk to Mr. Russo." He said looking off into the distance.