Chapter Twenty Two

Ok so I'm really sorry but chapters will be coming a tad bit slower. The reason is because my cat just had her kittens and they need lots of care. But I will try to post more often as soon as I can! Ok now onto the chapter!

If you chose...

A. You carefully walk up to him. His eyes didn't seem to notice you. You prodded him and he still didn't look at you.
"Sunstrike?"
"Yes?"
He responded. His attention was still divided.
"Why did you agree to stay here?"
He sighed and responded with a sigh,
"It's better to go with things rather then cause unnecessary wounds."
You nodded and walked off. Thoughts still swirled through your head. You plop down in your spiky nest.

If you chose...

B. I better not disturb him.
You think. You shift and squirm in your nest. The pine nettles poked at your nose.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Last night you didn't get much sleep. Your eyes were tired and your paws had tiny dents were the pine nettles poked you.

You see Sunstrike glance over to the fresh kill pile. He walks over to it and just as he was going to reach for a mouse a cat stopped him.
"If you want to eat, catch your own prey!"
Sunstrike nodded and gestures for everyone to follow.
"Wait here."
He stops is at the entrance of the leaders den.

A few moments later he comes out saying,
"C'mon lets hunt."

Once you were out of earshot he stopped all of us.
"Nows our chance to escape. Follow me."
Torrentpaw smiled and happily crawls after him. Pebblestep and Nettlepaw follow. You take the back.

"This is it!" Sunstrike leapt over the border. Once you were all on Riverclan territory, Sunstrike spoke,
"Lets go Pebblestep."

Hailstar rushed over to Sunstrike.
"Where have you been?"
"Shadowclan took us. Pebblestep thought is was a good idea to go jumping across borders!" He scolded.
Silverstripes head poked out the Medicine den at the sound of Pebblesteps name.
"Pebblestep! Do you have the flower?"
Pebblestep nodded eagerly and handed over the strange plant.

After a while she and Hailstar leapt up for the high rock. All the cats were already gathered.
"Cats of Riverclan! Starclan has told me of a sickness. They also have me a prophecy.
'A raven will bring the sickness and the violet will bring the herb. If this happens fates will heal."
Cats from the crowd gasped.
Some cat poked at a raven from the fresh kill pile. As soon as they touched it, strange bugs erupted from it.
"Stay away from the bugs!"
One landed on a cats shoulder. The bug quickly bit its victim and the cat fell limp.
The beetles spread around bitting many cats.

When all was calm. You see about ten cats on the floor. You help drag them to the Medicine den.
"Pebblestep go with (Y/N) to find more of these flowers."
Pebblestep nodded and you went with her.
What will happen to Riverclan? What will Hailstar say at tonight's gathering!