Chapter Forty Nine

If you chose....

A. Afraid to leave the Windclan kit alone, you race toward the other kit. The blazing light fired its flaming hot spurs everywhere. Bushes and trees began to catch fire, despite all this, the black kit didn't run.
Tossing Windclan kit into your back, you have to yowl amongst the roaring fire.
"Hold on tight!"
Not waiting for a respond your bolt to the trembling kit. You dashed through burning shrubs and grass.
Your paws burned from the heat of the fire and having to spring off the ground so many times, to avoid the spreading fire. Flames reached out to you, heat flooded your pelt. The smoke and sparks of fire clouded you view as the kit was swallowed up by the fire.
Not knowing if it was still alive or not you continued to push on.
Though cats yowled from behind you, your ear seemed to block out their cries of despair.
Ringing started in your ears, the bombing stopped and the Twolegs finally saw the spreading fire.
Their loud, red monsters seemed to arrive at the scene in two seconds.
Water splashed into your pelt as you felt your eyes slowly close.

If your chose...

B. Wanting to save yourself, you leave the kit.
The Windclan kit squiggles and began to pout.
"If you won't save them then I will!"
She ripped herself from your jaws and began running toward the kit.
The blazing light fired its flaming hot spurs everywhere. Bushes and trees began to catch fire.
Your paws burned from the heat of the fire and having to spring off the ground so many times, to avoid the spreading fire. Flames reached out to you, heat flooded your pelt. The smoke and sparks of fire clouded you view as the kit was swallowed up by the fire.
Not knowing if it was still alive or not you continued to push on.
Though cats yowled from behind you, your ear seemed to block out their cries of despair.
Ringing started in your ears, the bombing stopped and the Twolegs finally saw the spreading fire.
Their loud, red monsters seemed to arrive at the scene in two seconds.
Water splashed into your pelt as you felt your eyes slowly close.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

The ringing in your ears continued. You felt a soft pelt on your back, though it had no heat coming from it.
Twolegs called in the distance. A small breath breathed in you pelt.
Cracking a peek, you expect to see the clans sleeping peacefully somewhere safe.
But instead you saw long metal bars crisscrossed in front of you.
Curiosity prickled your pelt. Opening your eyes wider you realized the metal box you were in.
Terrified, you rise to your paws. A small pelt like cover was gave a layer of warmth, protecting you from the cold floor.
Horror swallows you up as you peek out the metal wires. More of these cages were attached to each other and plastered against the wall. Most cats were sleeping, while some calmly groomed themselves.
Taking a look inside your cage, the Windclan kit was huddled in a box stuffed with some type of sand. Her dirt was half dug under it and the smell reeked like crow food.
Two Twolegs barged open through with a their kit on their heels.
The older female Twoleg looked exhausted and was walking with her legs dragging behind her. The Twoleg kit bounced around happily, poking her fingers through each cage. Many cats hissed or snarled, some even snapped at her chunky fingers.
You nudge the Windclan kit awake and huddle over her. She whimpers but you place your paw over her muzzle.
As the Twoleg kit came closer to your cage, you crouch over Windclan kit like birds did with their eggs.
When the Twoleg kit came over to your enclosure, you hissed and swiped at her fat fingers. She yelped in surprise as your claws raked her skin, drawing blood.
Thankfully she didn't see the Windclan kit under you, and she ran back to her mother.
The other cats in the cages glanced at you in surprise, some even smiled.

The Twolegs leave the den, carrying one of the cats. The Twoleg kit bounced up and down as she held a chubby cat in her paws. The cat looked tired and lazy, he just sat there, dealing with it.
Cats begin to murmur to you, all at once.
"How did you swipe at her!"

"You're so brave to protect that kitten!"

"You saved that kitten from being adopted! What a hero!"
An old cat from the corner of the den sticks his paw out the wires of his cage and unsheathed his claw. Attempting to pick the lock on his cage, he messed around with the lock but sighed in defeat.
"My claws are too darn stubby to unlock my cage!"
He growled.
Taking notice in you, his frown turned to a smile.
"Eh! You, the new wild cat! You've got long claws right?"
You nodded as to copied his move and stuck your paws out of one of the holes in your enclosure.
"Now twist your claw inside of the lock, that should open it." He instructed .
You nod and follow his orders. Cats around you stated intently.
You heard a click and the your door flew open.
Smiling, you grab the Windclan kit by her scruff and mumble,
"Alright ima head out now."

"Wait no!"
"You can't leave! Not now!"

Tilting your to one side, you question.
"Why?"

"It's morning, they'll find you and put you back." A finger tabby snorted.
Sighing you hop back into your cage as an idea pops into your head.
"I'll just explore."
You place the Windclan kit down in the cage. "Stay here."
She nodded as you lock the door once more.
Ignoring their shouts you nudge the door to the outside world open.
Long blue walls stretched on forever. The floor of the never ending den was hard with a strange white stone.
Den entrances were lines up against the walls, dogs barked from the other side of them. Scents flooded into your nose.
On each side of you we two more long passage ways.
On the end of the left passage way lie a door. Light flickered from the bottom and loud banging erupted now and then.
In your right was another long passage way, but this time at the end of it was a large den. Twolegs were seated on strange things. And some dogs were leashed to their hands.
Cats meowed from carriers and boxes.

Do you...

A. Go left

B. Go right

C. Go straight forward