Chapter Forty Three

Shredkit and Deathkit pounced around on each other, claws raked through the air.
Earlier that day, Hollowheart had been killed inside a badger den.
No scent was on him, only the scent of death.
You didn't know whether to feel sad or joyful. That foxheart was gone, but now you've lost two mates.
Hollowhearts spirit came by every now and then, making sure that you didn't change their names.
When he was around, he taught Shredkit and Deathkit how to fight.
"Keep you claws out."
He encouraged.
"Go for each other's throats!"
No one else but you, Torrentstream, and Hollowhearts kits could see his ghost.

Bloodkit didn't join their 'play fighting'.
"Bloodkit! Get over here!" Hollowheart growled. Bloodkit shook her head. Hollowheart snapped his teeth at her. She flinched and reluctantly went over to him.
"Shredkit, Deathkit, attack your sister." Hollowheart ordered.
Deathkit and Shredkit inched closer and closer to the shaking Bloodkit.
Just before they could snap at her, you broke their fight.
"Shredkit! Deathkit!" The clan looked at you menacingly as you said their names.
"Hollowheart I need to speak with you." You whispered.
He huffs. "Fine."

You look over to a few cats, hoping someone would watch your kits while you were gone.
None met your gaze.
"Pebbleshade? Can you look after my kits?"
Pebbleshade scoots her kits closer to herself. She shakes her head, not meeting your eyes.
"We'll look after them." Lilypaw and Tinypaw padded up to you. You dip your head in a
'thanks ' kinda way.
They scoop Shredkit and Deathkit up by their scruff and Bloodkit follows.
Deathkit whined and Shredkit tried to squirm out.
You take Hollowheart out of camp and to the river.
"Why are you like this!" You shout.
He slashed at your face and pinned you down.
"They are my kits! I am their father!"
His claws met your stomach. Digging his thorn sharp and long claws into your soft underbelly.
"You aren't their f-father!" You manage to sputter out.
His claws leave your stomach and pierce your throat.
"Then who is?" He mocks.
"Not you!" A voice from behind him yowls.
A cat attacks him from behind, ripping him to shreds. Hollowheart attempts to attack the cat back, but fails miserably.
The strange cat strikes his face and sinks their teeth into his neck. The life and anger drained out of Hollowhearts eyes. He went limp under the strange cats paws. His spirit vanished for good.

The cat walks up to you and you recognize the sweet face.
"Heronpaw!" She was much bigger now, about the size of a warrior.
"Im Heronwing now." She replied proudly.
Another cat jumped out the bushes.
"It that Birdpaw!" You gasp in shock.
"Ahem, Birdsong."
The last cat that crawled out the bushes was your mother Robinseed.
"Why aren't you in Riverclan?" You ask, standing to your paws.
"Riverclan would accept us, we ran into a patrol on our way to you, but we got attacked. Windclan defiantly wouldn't take us in. So we retreated to an empty barn." Robinseed explained.
You nod sadly.

"Who was that tom?" Heronwing asked.
"My evil mate." You whisper.
Paw steps began to ring in your ears.
A patrol is coming!
Before you could warn your kin, they were already gone.
On the patrol was, Cloudfur, Lilypaw, Tinypaw, and Tinypaws mentor.
"Oh it's (Y/N)." Cloudfur emphasized your name.

You followed the patrol back to camp. Shredkit and Deathkit were, once again, fighting. No one tried to stop them. They both bore deep wounds. By now, it was normal when the two kits fought, therefore no one stopped them.
You rush over to the two staggering kits.
"Deathkit! Shredkit!" You yowl.
I'm watching you.
Hollowhearts voice spoke to you in your head.
"Stop it right now!"
The clan started to form around you.
"Hollowheart has taught you horrid things! You both are horrid things!" You let your anger get the best of you.
Shredkit and Deathkit growled at you and turned away toward the nursery.
It was now clear that what Hollowheart taught them, was permanent.