Chapter Fifty Three

Up ahead, a cat yowled out a stop.
"Wait! Look!" The Windclan kit whispered to you. You look up and see a vast, beautiful and amazing looking valley. The traveling group of clans were standing on top of a cliff, making the view even better.
You could see small streams running through the pine and oak trees.
You place Robinkit down and gaze at the spectacular land. The territory was surrounded by tall and luscious looking pine trees on one side, old and young oak trees on the other side. A small water fall trickled on the pine tree side. The water fall supported all the other streams, keeping a steady flow in each one.
Beyond the trees was another vast moorland with a few willow trees scattered around. Even farther from the moorland was a cave surround by willow trees.
"Lets go check it out!" Amberstar happily bounced down the slope and to the territory, Shadowclan following. You followed your leader carefully down the steep cliff side, keeping your paws off of sketchy looking pebbles that could potentially break your stride, leading you to your doom.

Once all the cats were safely on the soft grass, Amberstar announced,"Cats of all the clans! For now we will rest underneath this cliff

"Cats of all the clans! For now we will rest underneath this cliff." The former Shadowclan leader gestured toward the massive cave under the cliff they were just above.
"Ahem, I think it would be best if we sent out a few cats out to scout out the land." Your Riverclan leader suggested.
"That is a very good idea, Hailstar." Amberstar praised. Hailstar nodded.
"We'll send out Cloudfur, Hazeltuft and Thrushfoot."

The chosen cats nodded and walked off. You longed to join them but your paws held you back.
A fluffy something brushed against your leg. "You want to go to, don't you?"
You look down to see Robinkit. It was almost the first time she spoke since the wolf attack.
"But sometimes, you can't always be the main character." After saying that, she walked off into the depths of the cave.
What? What does she mean?

You looked into the distance, hoping to see Cloudfur, Thrushfoot and Hazeltuft come back.
It was the next day and they still didn't come back.
But apart from all your worries, Robinkit's words echoed in your head.
You can't always be the main character.
No matter how hard your thought about it, you couldn't figure out what it meant.
Is she predicting my death? Perhaps she is for seeing me getting kicked out from the clans!
The pounding of paws sounded in your ears. You snap out of your worrisome thoughts and see Cloudfur and the others excitedly running in the distance. You leap to your (insert color of your paws here) colored paws.
You expected to see a least a few wounds on them, but there wasn't a single scratch on them.
Cloudfur barreled into Thrushfoot, sending them crashing and rolling toward the now alarmed cats. Hazeltuft scoffed and rushed to Amberstar.
"It was amazing! Endless woodland and pine forests, long and beautiful streams that are stuffed with fish! And-and even a moor that looks like it stretches on forever!" Hazeltuft purred happily.
Cloudfur announced quickly after. "And we explored a cave, inside there was a massive glowing stone. It was like from the stories of the old forest where Firestar lived!"
Amberstar looked at Hailstar. He nodded and Amberstar turned back to Cloudfur.
"Any downsides?"
Thrushfoot nodded quickly.
"We found a Twoleg place that was made of tree trunks, inside was a Twoleg and a kittypet. A while later, we found a strange scent and when I looked around for a bit, the kittypet from earlier popped out and said that Coyotes live around here. I have absolutely no idea what that was but I thanked him and ran off." Amberstar nodded.

"But! There was also a massive clearing with pre-made dens, perhaps that could be our camp?" Cloudfur asked happily.
Hailstar walked up and spoke as a crowd formed.
"I believe that this would be a good place to raise our kits. It seems safe, and filled with good land and prey." He looked to Hazeltuft, Cloudfur and Thrushfoot.
"Would you take us to the place you described?"
They nodded enthusiastically and began trotting up into the forest. Hailstar and Amberstar escorted all the cats as they took the rear.

What seemed like moons passed, but you finally reached the clearing that they had described.
The absolutely massive clearing was dotted with small and big branches. You could see pre dugout dens in the trunks of thick trees and some even led underground. Trees surrounded the magnificent sight. A ditch filled with water sat in the middle of the clearing, vines covered the entrances to some of the dens.

"What do you think Amberstar?"
Amberstar sniffed around the entrance.
"No one has been here for moons, it's deserted, abandoned, but why?"

"We might never know, but for now let's settle in here." Hailstar strode up to large, slanted slabs towered on top of each other and hopped onto the stones.
"For now, this shall be our camp. I suppose we should start making dens, but before we do that, I would like for some cats to scout out each crack and hole to make sure there are no dangers." Amberstar joined the Riverclan leader on top of the slabs.
Cloudfur, Mistystream, Lilypad and Hazeltuft padded off to each den, searching for danger. You joined in and walked to a den in a thick oak tree. Inside was a leafy nest made of ferns and moss.
Somethings already been here.
You sniff the mossy nest and pick up the scent of cats.
Deeper into the den was a small tunnel, poking your head inside, you jerk your head back in disgust. The foul scent of rotting prey exploded into nose.
Perhaps that's were they stored their prey?

You plug your nose and stick your head back in the hole. There lay several bodies of dead mice, rabbits and voles.
But what surprised you the most was...
That's a dead cat!
The rotting body of a grey she cat lay with the prey.
You fought the urge to vomit and pull you head back through the hole.

You hurry back outside, pulling the body of the she cat with you. Cats gasp in the clearing.
Hailstar's eyes went wide in panic.
In the light you could see the she cats body was torn up and pieces of flesh hung from her body. It was clear that she was brutally tortured.
Amberstar ran up to you as you placed down the grey she cat.
"Where did you find this?" She asked you.

"In the small hole inside that den." You flick your tail toward the horrible smelling den.
"Inside, it looked like a normal den, but then I looked into a tiny hole and found the bodies of mice prey, along with her." You explained with a worried tone.

A shaky breath whimpered beneath you. It was the she cat!
She's alive?!
"You're alive!" Amberstar yowled in astonishment. Redpaw, the medicine cat apprentice of Shadowclan, bolted toward the grey she cat.
"Find me cobwebs for her wounds! And thyme, goldenrod, and-"
He clumsily finished as cats bolted to find the herbs.
The she cat let out a whimper of pain. You and Redpaw began vigorously licking her deep wounds.
Lilypad came back with a wad of cobwebs in her jaws.
"I'll need more." Redpaw exclaimed.
Lilypad dashed back to where she came from to collect more.
"Continue to lick her, (Y/N)."
You nod and carefully lapped at the groaning tabby.
Thrushfoot came back with several stalks of goldenrod. Redpaw nodded a 'thanks' before Thrushfoot dashed away.
Redpaw applied the goldenrod and cobwebs to the already cleaned wounds.

Amberstar snapped her gaze away from the dying tabby she cat and announced.
"Lets not sit around, but he useful. Continue to explore as well as clean out the dens and report any suspicious activity or things to me or Hailstar."
The cats in the clearing scattered into the dens and holes, Redpaw continued to work on the she cat.
"You can go now, (Y/N)." Redpaw whispered.
You nod.

Do you...

A. Leave

Or...

B. Stay with Redpaw