Chapter Thirty Five

The light of dawn flickered through the leaves of the nursery. The sun warmed your pelt. Lilykit and Tinykit were huddled up next to your belly. The warmth from all the bodies in the nursery made the air stuffy.
You step outside. The cool crisp and fresh air soothed your mind.
The first patrol had already gone out and a few cats were out chatting. Blazewing was eating a fish under the high rock.
Junipervine and Kindheart carried prey to the elders.
You hear the elders thank them as they walked out.
Junipervine and Kindheart nuzzle each other as they walk outside of camp.
"Ship." Torrentpaw whispered behind you.
You jump in surprise.
"Torrentpaw! You scared me!" You giggle.
He sat down next to you.
"Junipervine and Kindheart would make a great couple." He handed you a vole from yesterday.
You nod and bend down to eat your breakfast.
"So anyway. Guess what? I'm getting my full medicine cat name today!" He remarked.
"Congrats!"

"I wonder what it'll be! Torrentclaw, or Torrentwave. Maybe Torrentstream!"

"Or Torrentdoesn'tpayattention." You replied.
"What do you me-"
Honeyvoice, the Windclan medicine cat, came running into the camp.
"Help! Windclan needs help!"
Silverstripe dashed over to the panicked she cat.
"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Hmm?" Hailstar sleepily crawled out of his den. Once he saw her he straightened up.
"What are you doing on Riverclan territory!" A growl escaped his throat.
"She said that she needs an extra medicine cat because Thornstar is extremely sick. Dogs are attacking their camp-" Honeyvoices eyes rolled to the back of her head. She fell into the ground.
Cats began to come out their dens.
You see a long dark cut slicing across her belly.
"We need help-" She stammered before she passed out.
Silverstripe began shouting out orders.
"Hollowheart! Milkypaw! Take Honeyvoice to the the medicine den. Apply goldenrod and cobwebs onto her wounds. If she awakes give her poppy seeds. If it gets worse, use the large purple flower."
Hollowheart and Milkypaw drag the unconscious medicine cat into the den.
"Gorsepaw, Drifteyes, Jaggedstripe, Mistystream, Blazewing, Pebblestep, Torrentpaw and (Y/N). Come with me to Windclan."
The cats she called began to gather.
The deputy, Cloudfur, stopped her.
"Wait what -"
She growled and held her face close to his.
"Do you want another clan to die!"
Without waiting for a response she began leading the cats out.
Your kits called for you but Pebbleshade held them back.
You could hear their helpless mews.

Crossing the Windclan border, barks of angry dogs echoed through the moors. Your paws burned from running but you pushed on.
Once you reach the scene, Thunderclan, and Shadowclan were there too.
There were about twenty giant dogs.
No Twolegs were around like usual, and they didn't have that loud rim around their necks.
These are wild dogs. Much more dangerous.
Riverclan launched into battle.
Here goes nothing.