Chapter Fifty Four

If you chose...

A. Redpaw gestured you away as your paws brought you up. Your tongue and mouth tasted horrid and you wanted to vomit.
Your head was feeling dizzy but your paws kept you semi-still while you explored other trees and dens.
In total there were about eighteen or so dens in the clearing, scattered about.
Each den though had one small or large hole in the back, where dead prey and other brutally slaughtered cats lay.
You carried the last rotting cats out of the den with the help of Lilypad and Hailstar.

If you chose...

B. "No, I'll stay with you." You replied. Redpaw nodded as he applied the last was of cobweb. The tabby was unconscious by the time Redpaw was finished with her. Redpaw stood up from his working area and carefully pulled her toward an empty den. You rush over to help him carry the torn up she cat.
You lay her down in the thick base of an oak tree.
"Hopefully she gets better so that she can tell us what's going on." Redpaw whispered. You nod sadly and exit the den.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

By the end of the day, beside the pool of water that lay in the center, lay about ten bodies or decaying cats. The scent was unbearable and once again you wanted to vomit.
Robinkit curled up beside you as the cats that pulled out the bodies and cleared the dens, rested. The cats who did less hard work, dug out graves for the poor cats.
You watched Redpaw head to a den to check up on the tabby she cat from earlier.
He slipped into the vines covering the den and disappeared.

You picked up sleeping Robinkit by her scruff and carry her to a den. The smell of rotting flesh irked in your nose as you attempted to rest.
Robinkit's snores echoed in the hollow tree. Your eyes felt heavier and heavier as you drifted into sleep.

                                    ***

Stretching, you awake from your slumber and see Robinkit grooming her toes.
"Good morning, (Y/N)."
You let out a long yawn as Robinkit greets you politely.
"Good morning, how's your sleep?" You ask, sparking conversation.
"Weird, I had a dream of cats... eating other cats. And then one cat, a dark brown tom tortured a grey she kit. She looked exactly like the half-dead she cat that you found. The tom almost drowned the poor baby, but then I saw other cats doing the exact same to other cats. It was scary."
Your eyes went wide in shock.
"Oh my sweet baby, it okay, it was just a dream." You soothed Robinkit until she once again fell into a slumber.
You carefully slip away and head to where Amberstar and Hailstar were talking.
"Hailstar! Amberstar! I have something to tell you, it's urgent." You whispered sharply.
"Yes?" Amberstar asked.
"Its about Robinkit, she had this dream. She said she had a dream of cats... eating other cats. And then one cat, a dark brown tom tortured a grey she kit. She looked exactly like the half-dead she cat that i found. The tom almost drowned the kit, but then she saw other cats doing the exact same to other cats." Sweat rolled off your forehead as you explained the dream.
"That's-that's strange." Hailstar crouched in anxiety.
"Strange?! That's what might of happened to the tabby!" Amberstar growled. "Redpaw will have to heal her up so that she can tell us everything, these 'cats' might still be around." She concluded.
"I'll go tell Redpaw and get his opinion."

You padded toward Redpaw's den. The strong scent of herbs of sorts his your nose. You took in a deep breath, relieved to smell something other than death.
You carefully slip in and whispered.
"Hello? Redpaw?"
Redpaw was scooping out holes in the walls. You think that it was for storing his herbs.
"Yes? Come in." He invited you in and washed his paws in a small rain puddle.
"How can I help you?" His warm tone was comforting and soft.
But as you explain Robinkit's dream, his gaze turns to horror.
"That's what the she cat whispered. I was awoken by whispering coming from the tabby and with further investigation, she was sleep talking about a dark brown tabby torturing her." Redpaw looked around.
"Can you keep a secret?" He asked suspiciously. You nod.
"I don't think Starclan made it here with us, they might be stuck somewhere. Without Starclan, anything could happen. I think this place is a curse. A curse that threw out Starclan from these territories. The cats who lived here before are psychopaths. They're serial killers. I mean why else would cats torture and cannibalize-"
He broke off as Redpaw placed his paws over his mouth.
"I've said too much, please leave (Y/N)." He quickly pushed you out of his den.
Worry clouded his gaze as he glanced around. "Don't tell anyone of what I told you, ever." He said sharply. Redpaw whipped around back into his den.

His words echoed inside your head.
The cats who lived here before are psychopaths. They're serial killers. I mean why else would cats torture and cannibalize.
But he might have been true, Nettlestrike hasn't visited you in moons. Perhaps he really was stuck somewhere. Perhaps the curse of this place was blocking out Starclan.
An idea popped into your head. You had to do something about this curse. So that Starclan could come into these beautiful lands.
But now wasn't the time. When the grey tabby woke up, you could learn more about the curse.

"Thrushfoot, Hazeltuft, and Brightpaw. Go to the pines and search for lizards, frogs or any other sort of Shadowclan prey. Ebonypaw, Beepaw. Go to the oak trees and search for Thunderclan prey. (Y/N), and Cloudfur. Go search for fish in the moor streams for Riverclan."
Your eye caught Robinkit pouncing around with Plumkit and Mosskit. You were relieved to see her more at ease.

Each separate patrol nodded and headed through the entrance.
It was Sunhigh and Hailstar had just sent out the patrols for hunting. The curse still hung on your mind like a fly near rotting prey.
"Hey Cloudfur? Can you keep a secret?" You decided to tell the loyal deputy of Riverclan your idea.
"Sure I can! What is it?" His joyful mew lit up the forest.I
"Well i-"

Do you...

A. Tell him about what Redpaw said

Or...

B. Say, "Nevermind."