Chapter Forty Four

Today was the day Deathkit, Shredkit, and Bloodkit were becoming apprentices. Deathkit and Shredkit inched toward each other, growls plastered onto their faces.
"Cats of Riverclan! Gather beneath the me for a clan meeting!" Hailstar announced. His booming voice echoed through the camp. Cats stretched and yawned as they stepped out their dens. Soon enough a crowd formed under Hailstar.
Some whispered about your kits while others have them cold glances.
"They shouldn't be made apprentices, they'll kill us all!"
Silverstripe, your best friend, said.
Maybe I should've killed them before they were born...
"Deathkit, Shredkit, and Bloodkit. You have reached the age of six moons, it is time for you to become apprentices.
Bloodkit, from this moment forward, until you receive your warrior name, you shall be know as Bloodpaw."
Few cats cheered her name.
"Gorsefur, I trust you to lead Bloodpaw in the right path of a warrior."
The right path?! She already-
"Deathkit, from this moment forward, and until you reach your warrior stage, your name will be Deathpaw. Thornheart, please lead him into the right path of a warrior."
Thornheart touched noses with Deathpaw. They both whispered something to each other.
"And Shredkit, you will be now know as Shredpaw. Darkfoot, please teach Shredpaw how to follow the warrior code."

Once the ceremony was over, none of your kits came up to you. They all dashed to their new mentors.

Ever since your kits became apprentices, they almost never visited you.
They claimed they were
'too busy'
Bloodpaw was turning out just like her brothers.
"Mom we don't need you anymore!"
Shredpaw growled at you. You take a step back in shock. They were once just small balls of fur, now they were mean and ruthless. Just like their father.
Lilypaw and Tinypaw recently became warriors, their names were Lilypad and Tinyvoice.

"Mother?" Lilypad padded to you with Tinyvoice at her side.
Tinyvoices belly was letting rounder and rounder by the day.
"Yes my dears?" You replied in a warm tone.
"Tinyvoice, is um.... expecting.... kits-"
You cut her off by rejoicing.
"Who's kits! Oh my! I'm going to be a grandmother!"
Lilypad had a uncertain look on her face.
"What's the problem?" You ask uncertainty.
"Silverstripe said they might not make it." Lilypad replied softly.
Tinyvoice glanced at you, searching your eyes for approval.
"I don't care if they make it or not, what matters is you."
Tinyvoice smiled.
"She said, 'I don't know if what you said is a good thing.'"