Elevator Love Letter

Clarke POV

"I won't take the chip. Ever." I insist. Her eyes scan over me, empty and lonely, unseeing. She inhales and continues. She places her ragged hands on my arms, firmly enough that I know I have to stay in place, that I have no choice. My eyes glance over to Lexa, hooked up to machines, her chest rising up and down, matching the soft clicking sound echoing through the room. She must be on a ventilator, keeping her alive in case she regains brain activity. My eyes grow misty, and I feel like I'm gonna throw up. A sharp pain flames from my palm, my fingernails digging through my own skin.

"Right now, we just need your help with the flame. What's the pass phrase Clarke."

I stand my ground, clamping my mouth shut, and I feel the edge of my jaws twitch. I look at the shell of a person of which I used to call mother, forcing my eyes to dig, past her frame and into A.L.I.E. She's watching me through my mother's eyes. It's not really her.

"Stubborn like her mother." Jaha's voice cuts through the silence. He stands with his arms crossed, watching this all unfold. I stay silent and hold my ground, and my body becomes rigid.

With a simple glance from Jaha, the guards grab my arms harshly, forcing me back into a wood post. I growl and try to fight their arms, swarming around me like insects, trying to strap me down. Their rough hands slide over my skin, my arms. A scream builds in my throat.

"Hey, hey! Let me go! Mom! Mom, please don't let them do this." I beg.

"I'm not letting them do this." Her voice is empty, no emotion. No flicker of empathy, but a soft smile on the curve of her mouth. "I'm doing it." My stomach drops. I feel sick. Bile rises up in my throat but I push it back, hiding my disgust when I taste it. She walks over and opens her med-kit, tracing her hands over the array of blades, picking the biggest one.

She holds it up and walks towards me. "What's the passphrase Clarke."

My mouth trembles but I say nothing. She sighs and slowly pushes it just below my collarbone.

Pain. Everywhere. She slowly twists it and I cry out. A deep sob from my chest bubbling to the surface as she takes it out. The fresh wound bleeds profusely.

"Mom, I know this isn't you, I know you're in there. Please. See me." I plead, the river of tears flowing freely down my face.

"What's the passphrase." I don't look at her, I stare off into the distance, my eyes on the chandelier on the ceiling, full of candles, the wax dripping down. I see movement and I prepare myself.

The scalpel cuts into my skin again, this time on the other collarbone. I inhale sharply and try to breath as the edges of the world fade. I am quickly reunited as she twists it and drags down, and I scream. Each breath brings a new fresh stab of pain. I cry out again, my heart is a hummingbirds wings.

"No, please mom." I beg. The blood drips onto the floor.

"It can stop Clarke. Just tell us what we need to know." Jaha pushes. Abby turns to him, rolling her eyes.

"I told you, her weakness are her friends." She looks back at me, and the left side of her mouth tilts up into a smirk. She turns back to Jaha, almost smiling.

"Start with Verena and then Bellamy Blake."

In the tunnels underneath polis
Bellamy POV