Where Do We Go From Here?

Another shot rings through the air. My ears ring and all sound seems far away. Voices are faint. I hear them calling for me. My hand reaches to my side, my gun flying out of my holster. My eyes find my target, and I aim. My arm jerks and there's a soft echo of a gurgle, and then shortly after, a thump. I put the gun back in my side, closing the latch. I try not to look at the one I killed, knowing from my quick glance of the black ink on their cheek that it's one of my own, one of my people. A dull ache resides.

"Heda?!" Gaia's worries voice rings in my head, bouncing off the walls. I flick my hand.

"Bryan? Are you okay?" Miller runs to his side, pressing down on the gaping wound. Indra helps lift him up. My head swiftly turns toward the sound of footsteps that scream in an unwanted arrival. Will we ever get a break?

"We must go, there will be more." Indra helps Bryan, lifting his arm onto her shoulder. My head pounds as I run, no doubt from the gun fired a few feet away from my ear. I'm lucky I didn't blow my eardrum. Skaikru weapons are trash.

"Murphy! Get that baton ready!" Bellamy calls out. Murphy smirks and with an electric pulse, the stick glows blue, electricity cracking. Out of nowhere, A hand yanks me back by my hair, my scalp screaming. I attempt to recover, my hand automatically reaching for my sword. 'No, this is not how I will do this.' I shove my body around harshly, twisting my wrist, and giving a sharp kick in the attackers chest swiftly, and slide underneath the attackers legs, now standing behind him. With all my force, I stomp my heel on the backside of his kneecap and he falls to one knee. I see a glimmer and before I can react I feel the sharp slice, hearing a scream I now realize was my own. My blood flies, and my forehead cries out in agony-my own black fluid blinding my vision. Through the black I see him turn and before I can react, his hands are around my throat. My back is thrown to the ground, and my small fragile body is caught beneath his crushing gaze and pressure. My lungs scream for oxygen, for a single breath. I claw desperately at his hands, trying to free his grip. I search blindly through the darkness and I feel myself slipping away. 'This is not how it ends, this is not how I'm going to go!' Through the fog I hear Gaia call my name once more.

The man's hands unclench and I feel him shake, then I feel the weight of his body falling on my own. I gasp, searching for air, never seeming to get enough. Rough hands pull me out, and I feel a sharp stinging sensation when a piece of fabric clears my vision and forehead of blood, and a familiar face looms above me.

"Close one." Murphy extends his hand. I take his forearm and he lifts me up, leveling me with his hands.

In my struggle, many grounders were defeated, and they lay lifelessly around our feet. Murphy dabs the cloth around my forehead, and Gaia approaches. She carries a brown kit which she is eager to open, and holds it out to Murphy. He looks at her questioningly.

"Her head needs to be sewn." She explains, giving me a look which could only mean 'why-in-the-hell-is-this-guy-so-clueless?' I shake my head and take the black stained cloth on my own.

"We don't have time, we got to move."

"Back on the wheel Indra." Pike orders. She nods and Octavia, Miller and Bryan with war cry's, propel the elevator upward, with Bellamy, Murphy, Gaia and I in it.

Clarke POV

I watch in dread as Jaha hands my mom the rope after typing it into a nose. I fight against the restraints, my teeth gritting. I watch as my mom moves the barrel, tossing the nose up and over the metal railing. She looks to me, her eyes empty.