PROLOGUE

KIM TAEHYUNG

    I watched as the many shades of orange and red flashed before my eyes. We were going too fast for me to see the details, causing this beautiful something called 'nature' to blur into a big pallet of warm colors. It's autumn, my favorite season of the year. A season that shows us how beautiful death really is. How even when you fall, others can look at you and think you're the most beautiful thing on the earth.

    For someone who's always been able to think positively of everything around me, I sure don't behave like it. I like to admire things from afar, to be by myself.

    I wasn't always like this. I used to enjoy people's company. I still do with the right people. I was always shy, and once I got to know a person well, I'd open up. Until I met her. Things changed.

    I pull myself out of my thoughts when I noticed a change in view. The beautiful forest parted into a big open space, filled with houses and small buildings that together form a village. Wolfenden.

    "We're finally here," I hear my father say softly, not wanting to wake my mother who fell asleep not long ago. He glances my way through the rearview mirror. I smile shortly at him and see him smile back before looking at the road again.

    It doesn't take long until we arrive at a small old-looking house. Father parks the car in front of it and hovers over my mother to softly wake her. I, in de meantime, decide to get out.

    I stretch my legs and arms as I had sat in the car for way too long and look around. My new 'home' doesn't look that spectacular. It's old and small. I bet it'll be freezing cold there in the winter.

    I look around me, only to lock eyes with another guy that sits in front of the house across. He's surrounded by a handful of other guys and girls but doesn't seem to really interact with them. He's casually sharpening a stick with a pocketknife while he looks at me, making me very nervous.

    "What do you think, Taehyung? We might need to isolate the walls to keep the cold out," my father pulls me out of my stare. I look to see my mother grab a box out of the trunk with still sleepy eyes.

    "I think that'll be needed, yes." My father hums in agreement.

    "But the house looks so nice and cozy!" my mother interferes with a smile on her face. I giggle as I notice the imprint of the seatbelt on her face, and nod to show her I think the same.

    I help my parents grab the boxes, bags, and suitcases from the car and the trailer we borrowed from my uncle, my mom's brother. When I have all my stuff upstairs I start unpacking. I start with my bed, immediately putting it together with my father's help. Then I grab my clothes and stuff I need in the bathroom to keep myself clean and fresh. After that, I got called for dinner.

    "So, are you looking forward to your first day of school?" The question I so hoped to avoid. But of course, it came.

    I shrugged as I look at my mother. I don't want to lie to them, I couldn't if I wanted to.

    "I understand your concerns, Tae. But you're an amazing guy and I bet many others will like you," my father says as I take the last bite of my dinner. I gulp it down, not looking at my parents.

    "Tae, they are is not there," my mother says, and I look up, feeling tears brim my eyes. I cough and stand up, blinking away the tears. I've spilled enough tears for them.

    "I'll do the dishes," I mumble and want to take the plates but my mother stops me.

    "Go to bed, Tae. You'll have a tough day tomorrow," she smiles and pecks my forehead. I gulp and thank her before wishing both my parents a good night and leaving for my room.

    I take a nice warm shower, letting the hot water wash all my worries away - for now. I close my eyes feeling the warmth stream down my face.

    "You're so pretty, my Taehyungie."

    Cold fingers trace my waist... my thighs.

    "So handsome."

    My eyes shot open, breath stuck in my throat. I step back as a reaction, almost slipping and slamming my head against the wall.

    I groan and immediately shut the shower off. I grab my head as I step into the old bathroom and grab a towel. Why do I have to be so clumsy?

    I dry my body as quickly as possible and get into a big shirt with some boxers. After I lean my hands on the counter, leaning on it, and look into the mirror.

    When will I forget her?

~•~

Hellooo, it's me again with new taekook content!! finally.

I've gone for a little while but I'm back and decided to rewrite one of my favorite books, this time with an actual plot :')

WARNINGS:
(pls read before commenting)

- So first of all, when I write that any of them have 'school', it doesn't mean high school (I found out that some people don't use the term 'school' for all possible education.) They're in college guys!

- This story is totally different from the last version. Even if you've read it, you can read it again!

- Fantasyyyy! Yes, my one and only love; fantasy will be the biggest role in this story. There will be werewolves and vampires and druids and whatever I'll be able to think of. You wanna know why? I love fantasy and getting lost in my imagination. So don't get pressed if something happens that you think is not possible :)

- As you might know, this is about a gay relationship. If you're not comfortable reading that, that totally fine, just leave now and don't start nagging later <3

- There might be some 18+ scenes but I won't be writing smut scenes. Maybe tho... Who knows?

- There are some dark themes, mentions of trauma. There will be angst between characters in the book as well; Taekook.

- Hate comments will be deleted. If something is wrong, just comment in a respectful way. If you don't, do not expect a respectful comment back :)

SCHEDULE:

I'll be updating every Sunday until I have the book fully finished in my drafts, then I'll maybe start updating more often ;)

I hope you'll enjoy this new version of DOMINANT, guys!
And by the way, I might change the title, but this will not go unnoticed <3

xx Dane!