THREE (EDITED)

CHAPTER THREE: The Wedding

A WEEK HAD PASSED.

Tabitha was still processing that her father was going to marry her off to the head of the Peaky Blinders. Though, her time down at the stables with Thomas was kind of fun, and thought it was kind that he'd have Apollo moved to the Shelby stable in Small Heath so she saw Apollo everyday. All she knew about Thomas, a part from the dangerous business he ran, was his love for horses. It was the same love she had for them, the main thing the two had in common.

Tabitha showed Thomas the rest of the family horses, and she was right. None of them were as beautiful and strong as her beloved Apollo. Thomas still loved all of them, checking their mane and strength. All the horses seemed to like him, even Artemis, the smokey black horse that belonged to Theo, who didn't like new people, enjoyed Thomas running his hands through her mane.

The more Tabitha thought about the wedding the last couple days, she never thought about getting married even before the war. She was twenty then, and thought she'd spend the rest of her life taking care of and train horses. Tabitha knew her father couldn't continue the feud with the Peaky Blinders due to his already bad health, he wasn't able to go through another war. She wasn't going to marry Thomas to stop a war, but she was going to marry him for the health of her father.

The morning of the wedding was hectic for Tabitha, being awoken by her mother and some of the maids pulling her out of bed and into a warm bath. Grandma Irina, Finneas' mother was there to help, giving Tabitha tips on how to please a husband in a bedroom that were too detailed for her and her younger sisters. Penelope and Charity were already in their bridesmaid dresses that they bought the day before, since there was only one full day to plan the wedding. Kezia and Tabitha had got the cheapest and most beautiful dress she found at the local dress shop, the shoes included.

The wedding was taking place in the Hearn family garden, where there was enough room for the ceremony and a reception. Everything was set up by her mother, grandmother, and her uncles and cousins. Uncle Paul was the officiant because he was technically an ordained minister, and married off his own sons.

Tabitha slipped into her dress as they finished up decorating outside, and then she sat down in front of her vanity dresser. She looked in the mirror, looking at her reflection as her mother walked into her bedroom. Kezia stood behind her daughter with a flower crown made of white lilies with a white ribbon down the back, and she wore a forced smile on her face.

"Here we go, the finishing touch," Kezia said, placing the flower crown on her daughter's head.

Tabitha frowned, making Kezia sigh and sit down on the bench beside her. She wrapped her arms around Tabitha's shoulders, giving a soft sigh.