THIRTY-SIX (EDITED)

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: Out With A Bang

THAT NIGHT AFTER THE DERBY, THE PEAKY BLINDERS HAD DETHRONED SABINI AND WON EPSOM.

May was able to find Arthur and John and told them Tabitha was being held at gunpoint in the stables, but Thomas was missing. He was missing after killing the Field Marshal with Lizzie's help, no one knew where he went.

Tabitha didn't know Thomas' disappearance until after the final confrontation with Grace. She was still in shock, knowing she pulled the trigger and killed the woman who was once her best friend, the woman who was in love with her and obsessed with her. Grace was dead and Tabitha killed her before she pulled the trigger to kill Tabitha and her unborn baby.

Thomas was safe and alive, almost meeting death in the eye on a muddy field. He sat in a grave dug for him and closed his eyes, whispering I love, Tabitha, and waited for a gunshot. One of the officers killed the other two, he was working for Winston Churchill and saved Thomas' life. That's how Thomas was able to return to his beloved Tabitha and their child.

When Thomas got back to his office that night, Tabitha was there with Michael, talking at Michael's desk until he came in. Ada had taken Margaret back to the house on Starry Lane and gave her to Esme. Tears of relief stained her cheeks as she ran to Thomas and three her arms around him. He embraced her back, thanking God quietly that she and the baby were safe. They pulled away from the embrace and Thomas smirked at Michael, pointing at him.

"Polly and I had a bet," Thomas told Michael.

Both men and Tabitha walked into Thomas' office for a drink.

"One of us bet...you'd take the money and go. And one of us bet you'd still be here."

Thomas poured Tabitha a glass of water first and then grabbed two glasses and a bottle of whiskey.

"She wants me to stay. Tabby too," Michael replied.

"You know what, Michael?" Thomas asked, walking to his desk with the bottle and glasses.

Tabitha and Michael followed after him, Tabitha downing her glass of water.

"What Polly wants..." Thomas trailed off, getting behind his desk. "Will always be a mystery to me."

He gave Michael his glass, then pouring the whiskey into both their glasses. That was when Tabitha noticed the dry blood on the side of Thomas' head, a place where was usually bleeding. Tabitha cleaned off Grace's blood from her face after Arthur and John ran to her aid at Epsom. She sat in one of the chairs as Michael stood up beside her, placing his hands on the desk.

"I've decided," Michael said. "I want to make money. With you and Tabitha."

"Me and Tab have ideas, Michael. For the future of the company," Thomas said, getting relaxed in his chair. "And also...me and Tab are having a baby."