TWENTY-TWO (EDITED)

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: Two Years Later

IT WAS 1921.

Two years since the battle against Kimber, since Tabitha and Grace said goodbye. Things in Small Heath didn't change, except the Peaky Blinders becoming the third biggest race track in England, adding to their power as the tried reaching to London. Tabitha and Thomas Shelby were the power couple in all of Birmingham, untouchable and feared. What once started as a blind, loveless marriage, became a real one.

Tabitha still had a kind nature, but she was terrifying when she was angry. Small Heath knew she was the one who killed Billy Kimber, so no one messed with her. They didn't even mess with her because of the fact she was Thomas Shelby's wife. She even accomplished having the look, a look every woman had that feared both husbands and children. Tabitha was included in on big company decisions, allowed to have an opinion of her own like Polly. One day, she was going to replace Polly as the Matriarch of the Shelby family, a role the gypsy woman was nervous to fill. Some even called her the Queen of the Peaky Blinders.

Thomas and Tabitha were more in love than they were before, knowing they were meant to get married. Tabitha was the first one he went to about ideas on expanding the business, she became his right hand man and valued her opinion. Polly and Thomas' brothers knew if there was anyone Thomas listened to concerning business, it was Tabitha.

Two Years since Thomas and Tabitha's wedding, Tabitha got a letter from her younger sister Penelope in the Hearn family village. The letter told Tabitha that Penelope was getting married in the next two weeks and Tabitha was very excited. The letter also said the man she was marrying was a gypsy man who lived in Sokovia named Elijah Maximoff, and that they were going to live together in the family village. If course, Tabitha had to be there for her little sister's wedding, and she was going to bring Thomas too. The Blinder Queen missed her family home and everyone there.

The morning of the wedding was busy as Tabitha got into a new blue dress she bought for the occasion. She got Thomas a matching black suit with a blue tie to wear as well, as much as he didn't want to go.

"Do we both have to go to this wedding?" Thomas asked as Tabitha fixed his tie. "The boys are already going to be busy today."

"It's my sister's wedding, Tommy, and she's your sister in-law, too," Tabitha said, finishing tightening his tie. "And I'm not missing this occasion for the world."

"What if something bad happens here while we're away?"

"Nothing is going to happen. Today is a good day."

"Tab, I feel like something bad is going to-"

"Tommy, I said it's. A good. Day." Tabitha growled the last parts before getting on her tip toes and pecking Thomas' lips. Then she gave a playful smirk and wiggled her brows. "Besides, I'll make up for it when we come back home, if you want want."