EIGHT (EDITED)

CHAPTER EIGHT: Burn the King

THOMAS FILLED TABITHA IN ON WHAT WAS TROUBLING HIM, BECAUSE HE TRUSTED HER TO KEEP THE SECRET.

He had the guns the chief inspector was looking for that were being sent for Libya and to be used by the IRA. It was an accident Thomas and his men made, grabbing the wrong crates for motorcycle parts. Tabitha was shocked at first, but relieved when Thomas said he got rid of them. She was glad he told her, meaning that he trusted her.

Since the day of their marriage, Thomas and Tabitha slowly started growing close. When he told her about the guns, they transitioned into being friends, confidants. They enjoyed drinking tea together and playing cards before bed, sometimes getting into the rum instead of tea. Tabitha was glad to have a friend in Thomas, missing the ones she had back him in the Hearn family village. She missed her sisters, her little brother, and her parents, and Thomas said that he'd take her to visit them soon.

Ada was pregnant, and Tabitha was the only one who knew about, because Ada trusted her to keep it secret. Tabitha promised not to tell anyone, especially Thomas, but told Ada to talk to Freddie. Freddie Thorne, Thomas' ex best friend, was the father of Ada's baby and Tabitha obviously knew that. Tabitha and Ada were the only ones in the house when she told Tabitha the secret and that while her brothers were away at the fair that she was going to sneak Freddie into her bedroom.

Thomas was taking Tabitha, Finn, Arthur to the fair a couple days after Monaghan Boy's first win in, riding together in the family car. Tabitha was dressed in a beautiful lavender dress with matching shoes, a 24th birthday gift from her mother, a couple weeks before the wedding. The dress brought out the curves of her body in an appropriate way, especially her tiny waist.

"That's a nice dress," Thomas said to Tabitha, turning to see her once she was dressed. He was dressed in one of his nicest tweed suit, so handsome.

"Oh. Thank you," Tabitha said.

John and Arthur were fighting who got to sit in front with Thomas as he drove while the other day in the back with Tabitha and Finn, bickering and shoving each other. They acted like children, annoying Thomas until he finally said Tabitha was riding up front.

"What? Why does a Tabitha get to sit up front?" Arthur asked upset.

"Because she's not childish like you two are," Thomas replied to his brothers.

"We all know the reason he chose Tabitha to sit up front is because he fancies her," John said, smirking with a toothpick hanging out of his mouth.

Thomas filled his eyes as Tabitha chuckled before they hopped into the front seat of the car. Finn sat squished in between Arthur and John in the backseat of the Shelby family car. Thomas began to drive out of Small Heath, and silence took over the car. Tabitha was in her thoughts, still shocked that Ada was going to have a baby, Tabitha's first nephew.