TWENTY (EDITED)

CHAPTER TWENTY: Taking Down Kimber

THOMAS AND TABITHA RUSHED FROM THE GARRISON TO THE SHELBY BETTING SHOP. THEY WENT INTO THE LIVING ROOM WHERE ADA AND POLLY WERE SITTING, ADA WAS ASLEEP IN A CHAIR.

"Ada, wake up," Thomas said to his sister. "You and the baby, get into the Bull Ring where there's lots of people."

"What's going on?" Polly asked.

"We've been fucking betrayed," Tabitha said, helping Ada out of the chair.

"Somebody let slip, Kimber's men are on their way here," Thomas continued.

"Yeah, but you can handle them, Tommy," Polly said.

"It's just us. All the Lees are on their way to Worcester. We're outnumbered," Tabitha replied.

"Fuck!" Thomas yelled, slamming his hands on the table.

"You said you kept it a secret. Who else did you tell?" Polly questioned.

That's when it clicked in Tabitha's mind, there's was someone outside the families that she trusted. She didn't want to admit it was her, that her friend betrayed her. A soft gasp left her lips, causing everyone's eyes on her as she covered her mouth with her hand.

"Grace..." Tabitha whispered, making everyone's eyes widen.

It was Grace, the blonde barmaid at the Garrison who betrayed the Peaky Blinders. Tabitha trusted her with the secret of taking down Kimber and Grace betrayed her. A part of her thought the reason behind it was Grace's jealousy over Tabitha being in love with Thomas instead of her. Grace betrayed Tabitha, and it hurt her.

"The barmaid?" Polly asked.

"She was my friend and I trusted her. I told her about today two days ago," she started, her voice still soft, laced with guilt. "This is all my fault."

"No, no it isn't," Thomas said, putting his hands on Tabitha's shoulders. He was still in shock. "You trusted her and she destroyed that trust. This isn't your fault."

"I will deal with Grace," Polly said to Thomas and Tabitha "If you set eyes on her again, you might kill her."

Tabitha then turned to Thomas was a serious look on her face. An idea was quickly forming in her hand. It was time to call the ones who promised to be there door her if anything happened.

"Gather your brothers and all of your other men," Tabitha started. "Meet near the Garrison and I'll meet you there."

She gave him a kiss on the cheek and rushed towards the front door.

"Where are you going?" Thomas questioned, shouting so she heard him. "Tab?"

"You'll see," she shouted back before leaving the Shelby home.