THIRTY-FOUR (EDITED)

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: Reunion

Warning: Smutty Content

THE NEXT NIGHT, TABITHA AND THOMAS WERE STAYING AT ADA'S HOUSE, WITH KARL AND ADA'S NEW ROOMMATE, JAMES.

Ada allowed Tabitha to use her home so her and Grace could meet, since Tabitha was the only one other than Polly that Ada was close to. Tabitha got to meet Ada's roommate James, a writer and a closeted homosexual, but neither Thomas nor Tabitha didn't mind.

Thomas was anxious about it all, his wife being in the drawing room alone with the woman who tried to take her away from him. He trusted Tabitha with all of his heart, but it was Grace he didn't trust and he had a right to. She betrayed them to Kimber, worked undercover for Inspector Campbell as she fell in love with Tabitha.

Grace Burgess became Grace McMillan after she married an American banker Clive McMillan. After leaving Birmingham, she went to New York and that's we're she met Clive. From her letters to Tabitha, she seemed quite happy with her husband...even though she was still in love with the gypsy woman.

That night, Grace got dressed in a nice blue dress and her short hair was freshly curled. Tabitha had her dark brown hair curled as well, a little bun in the back so it looked shorter. In the guest bedroom of Ada's house, Tabitha sat in front of the vanity, putting on some light blush and a little rogue, then putting on her new diamond earings that Ada gave her as a gift.

"I don't think you should do this," Thomas said as Tabitha looked at him in the mirror.

"We're only going to talk, there's nothing to worry about," Tabitha assured, turning around and holding her husband's hands in her own. "You said so yourself that's what women do, we talk. I need you trust me on this, Tommy."

"Of course, I trust you, Tab. It's her I don't trust."

"I don't love her, Tommy, I love you. Only you."

Thomas softly smiled, looking down at his wife, seeing how beautiful she was in her new lavender dress. He wanted to see it on the bedroom floor, even though that part had to wait.

Tabitha went down to the drawing room, making Thomas stay in the library until her and Grace were done talking. She sat in an orange chair, waiting patiently for the maid and Grace to come in.

"Grace McMillan, ma'am," the maid said, opening the door.

Grace entered the room, and her and Tabitha's eyes connected, widened from the sight of each other. Both of them had changed, from their hair to their clothes. Grace say down on the couch beside Tabitha's chair, but sat in the middle as the room was silent.

"May I have a drink?" Grace asked, the first thing leaving her mouth.

"Yes. There's whiskey over there," Tabitha answered, pointing at the small tray table.