TWENTY-FIVE (EDITED)

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: Not Going Anywhere

THE NEXT MORNING, THOMAS AND HIS BROTHERS LEFT FOR A LITTLE VACATION TO LONDON.

He promised Tabitha they'd be back home late that night, but she told him to go have fun with his brothers and stay out of trouble. Tabitha gave Thomas a kiss goodbye before him, Arthur, and John left. She spent the whole day with Polly, who was strangely in a sad mood. She took the matriarch out for a day of shopping after she had a fight with Esme in the betting shop.

While out shopping, Tabitha ran into Lizzie Stark, the prostitute around Small Heath that was going to marry John and Thomas offered money too. She was known for sleeping with Thomas before he married Tabitha and committed the rest of his life to the gypsy woman he fell in love with. Tabitha did not like Lizzie Stark because she used to show off that she slept with Thomas multiple times. Tabitha thought she was a threat to her and Thomas' relationship, even though Thomas made it clear that he loved Tabitha and was fully devoted to her.

Lizzie was trying hard to get Tabitha to like her, let the Shelby wife know she wasn't after Thomas and wanted to be friends. She tried from having a normal conversation around the Garrison and at the local dress shops, but Tabitha continued to avoid her. It didn't make her give up, she found every opportunity she got to convince Tabitha that she wasn't an enemy.

When Lizzie ran into Tabitha and Polly when they were out shopping, the prostitute thought it was Tabitha's idea to have Thomas hire her as a secretary for the company. She told Tabitha thank you for having Thomas hire her, and Tabitha had no idea what she was talking about. Showing her anger, Lizzie scurried away. Tabitha was mad as hell that Thomas didn't tell her that he hired Lizzie to be his secretary and was gonna kill him when he got back from London.

Luckily Thomas wasn't able to face her wrath, because he got wrapped up in something worse. After him and his brothers returned from London, Thomas went to park his car and he was ambushed by Darby Sabini and his men. Sabini and his men best Thomas to a pill and were about to kill him before the coppers showed up. Thomas could've die if the police didn't show, and they immediately took them to the hospital. Tabitha and Polly were the first to hear the news, and Tabitha broke down and almost collapsed if Polly didn't catch her.

After Polly comforted her for the night, Tabitha left in the morning to see Thomas in the hospital. She was pissed off from many things, hiring Lizzie, Thomas lying about what he was doing in London, provoking Sabini, and almost leaving her a widow. She kept her anger in check once she entered the hospital and approached the secretary at the front desk.

"Can I help you?" The secretary asked with a smile.

"I'm here to see Thomas Shelby," Tabitha said, keeping a stoic expression.

"May I ask your relation to Mr Shelby?"

"I'm his wife." That caused heads to turn in her direction and the secretary's eyes to widen. "Tabitha Shelby."