FOUR (EDITED)

CHAPTER FOUR: Welcome to the Family

WITH THE PEAKY BLINDERS AND THE HEARN CLAN ALTOGETHER, THEY MADE ONE HELL OF A RECEPTION PARTY.

A band was playing Irish wedding music, and family members were dancing together. Everyone was laughing and dancing, cheering as they drunk to their hearts delight.

Arthur and John chugged down pints of beer, cheering in Romany for Thomas, the groom. Penelope and Charity were dancing with Tabitha, the bride to their hearts delight as Ocean hung out with his make cousins. Finneas and Kezia sat at a table together, watching the three of their daughters laugh and smile together.

"We raised three beautiful daughters and still raising an adolescent boy, and we just have away our eldest in a loveless marriage," Kezia said still punishing Finneas, resting her head on his shoulder. "One down, three more to go."

"How long do you intend to punish me?" Finneas asked. "It's been a week."

"If you keep complaining, I'll make it another week," she threatened, loving the only power she had over her husband.

Finneas sighed in defeat, his eyes on Tabitha dancing with a smile on her face.

"This reminds me of our wedding," Finneas started, a smile on his face. "The lively music, all the dancing, mother welcoming you into the family. I remember how great the end of that night was, it was how Tabitha and Theo were created."

Kezia giggled, a smile forming on her face. Ever since they were young Finneas made her giggle like a schoolgirl even in their old age.

"That was a good night," Kezia said faintly. "A very good night." She placed a small, but tender kiss on Finneas' lips and held each other close.

Tabitha had gotten tired from all the dancing, grabbing herself a pint of beer. That's when she was approached by an unfamiliar older woman with dark brown hair and a much younger woman the same color, but more short. At the younger woman's side was a little boy wearing one of the peaky hats.

"Tabitha, it is pleasure to meet you. You make a lovely bride, my dear," the older woman said, then holding out her hand for Tabitha to shake. "My name is Polly Gray, I'm Thomas, Arthur, and John's aunt."

Tabitha quickly realized the matriarch of the Peaky Blinders were speaking to her. Out of respect, she quickly shook Polly's hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Gray," Tabitha said shyly.

"Please, call me Aunt Pol," Polly answered with a faint smile.