FIVE (EDITED)

CHAPTER FIVE: Settling In

TABITHA SPENT HER FIRST COUPLE DAYS GETTING USE TO HER NEW HOME DOWN WATERY LANE AND GETTING ALONG WITH THOMAS' SIDE OF THE FAMILY.

Getting use to learning her way around the betting shop, making her way around Small Heath, and being introduced as the wife of Thomas Shelby. Every man and woman in Small Heath knew she was untouchable, because she was protected by the Peaky Blinders.

Thomas showed Tabitha the Garrison, a pub they always went to when they weren't at the shop. Harry, the bartender and the Garrison owner, was quite shocked that Thomas took up a wife out of the blue. Tabitha and Harry for along very easy, enjoying each other's small talk when she was at the bar, learning more about her husband and his business. She also learnt that anything the Shelbys ordered at the Garrison was on the house, since they owned the territory.

Tabitha got to spend some time with Thomas' siblings and his aunt. Polly was a lot like Tabitha's mother, Kezia, kind but also a very strict women when it came to her nieces and nephews. Tabitha enjoyed Polly reading her tea leaves every morning and Polly would learn more and more about the gypsy girl and her family, Tabitha learning about Polly as well.

Ada had the traits of both Tabitha's younger sisters, brave, independent, talking about secret beaus. Tabitha was the only one Ada told of her secret relationship with Freddie Thorne, Thomas' childhood friend who served with him in the war. They had their own girl talk like Tabitha had with her younger sisters.

To Finn, Tabitha was almost a nanny and governess to him. She watched over the youngest Shelby to make sure he was on his best behavior when his brothers or aunt weren't around. John was the brother Tabitha got to joke around with and laugh. They both worked together in the books and placed gets on the chalkboard. Arthur was Tabitha's drinking buddy, just like her twin brother Theo was. It was surprising that a young and innocent woman like Tabitha was able to drink all the Shelby brothers under the table. Hearn gypsies knew how to hold their liquor, that's for sure.

As for Thomas, they were getting along, but as friends more than husband and wife. Among the Shelby boys, Tabitha was treated like one of them, but she didn't have a problem with that. Thomas was nice to Tabitha, even though he was a cold man indeed. The only reason he was nice was because he respected her for sacrificing her whole life to protect her family. She would've made a good soldier in France.

One bright morning, Thomas had been out early with his horse the betting shop was busy. In the house, sitting at the table near the double doors separating the shop from the house, was where Tabitha and Finn sat together. The fireplace was freshly lit, and the two were nearing the end of a round of Go Fish. The ten year old boy was beating his sister in-law, only because she was letting him win.

"Got any fives?" Finn asked.

"Go fish," Tabitha replied

She chuckled hearing the boy sigh and watching him take a card from the deck. The door then opened and closed in the room behind them, until the door to the dining table opened.