EIGHTEEN (EDITED)

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Like A Hostage

Warning: Sexual content, read at your own risk

TABITHA WAS AT THE GARRISON THE NEXT NIGHT, DEEP IN HER THOUGHTS ABOUT THE NIGHT BEFORE AND THAT MORNING.

Remembering Grace kissing her, Thomas killing Byrne while Tabitha killed the other men. Remembering waking up to Thomas right beside her The next morning at home, with her head laying on his bare chest, it felt so right. They both wanted to stay in that bed forever, but Thomas had to go off and try to rule the world.

Tabitha leaned against the bar in her usual spot as she downed a glass of whiskey. Things between her and the blonde were awkward after the kids they shared. Tabitha was hoping to move past it, but Grace didn't want to. The blonde barmaid was falling in love, falling more and more everyday the gypsy woman walked into that pub. Tabitha felt something for Grace, but it didn't compare to her feelings for Thomas.

Harry carefully approached the women at the bar, sweat rolling from his forehead.

"My brother in Digbeth said the police are on their way. Asking for Tommy Shelby by name," Harry said. "Tabitha, you need to get out of here before they come and grab you."

Thomas walked into the Garrison like he was summoned. He had a clam demeanor, but had a crazy look in his eyes until he found Tabitha.

"Shit," muttered Harry.

Thomas went to the backroom, keeping the door open for Tabitha to walk through. Once in the room, Thomas pulled Tabitha close by her waist. He heart pounded almost out of her chest, anxious for the situation the man who earned all of her love was in.

"We're going to have to lay low for awhile," Thomas said, calmly.

"Why?" Tabitha questioned confused. "What's happened?"

"I lost my bargaining power."

"Jesus Christ, Tom. It's the guns isn't it?"

He ignored her. "We need to get out of here."

"Harry said the police are already in Digbeth."

"I know," Thomas whispered.

"You really took a chance coming here, you idiot," Tabitha whispered angrily, pressing her forehead against Thomas' as she slapped his shoulder. "Why?"

"As if I'm leaving you here alone with the chief inspector. No guns and no coppers will keep me from finding you, Tab."

Before Tabitha went to kiss him, the door opened to young Finn.

"Police are in the lane, Tommy," he said.

"Fuck," Tabitha whispered.

She gave Finn a quick kiss on the cheek before turning to Thomas and grabbing his hand in hers.

"You, follow me. I know a place we can hide until it dials down."

Thomas followed Tabitha with no questions, taking the back exit of the pub. Tabitha guided through Small Heath until they reach an abandoned area of flats that were still being used. Her uncle Rooster owned one of the flats for when he stayed in Small Heath to. He said Tabitha and Thomas were allowed to use of They ever wanted to get away just the two of them for a night or two.

Tabitha quickly pulled herself and Thomas inside, locking the door, the windows, and closing the curtains. Then she turned on the light as they stood in the kitchen.