THIRTY (EDITED)

CHAPTER THIRTY: A New Horse

DAYS LATER AFTER THE TRIP TO CAMDEN TOWN, THOMAS AND TABITHA HAS GATHERED THE FAMILY INTO THE BETTING SHOP.

Everything was set up in Camden Town, and Tabitha and Alfie said goodbye again with a hug. Knowing Alfie was keen on her before the war, Thomas was a little jealous of Alfie and Tabitha's friendship, but he was jealous of any man who laid eyes on her.

After that, they went to go see Ada and Karl in their new home in London. Ada was concerned about the men and coppers watching her house and Tommy told her that the men were on their side. She was only glad to see Tabitha, since Tabitha and Polly were the only ones in the family she talked to. Tabitha was glad to see her sister in-law as well, wishing she'd come back home to Birmingham.

Tabitha was already sad before the trip to Camden Town, trying not to let people see it. Thomas knew something was wrong, he saw it in her eyes, but was gonna ask after. On the way back to Birmingham, Tabitha told him that she got results back from a doctor in London, and found out that she wasn't pregnant when she thought she was. The news saddened her greatly, but it didn't stop them from trying until she was pregnant.

"This has better be good to interrupt my holiday," Polly said, entering the shop.

"Where's the boy?" Arthur asked.

"In the back room. I only brought him because afterwards, we're going to the museum."

"He wanted to come in and say hello-"

"Shut up, John," Polly cut his nephew off. "There is nothing of interest to Michael in this room. Tommy, get on with it."

Tommy dropped his cigarette in the ashtray and his arm wrapped around Tabitha's waist.

"Last night, one of our men had his throat cut in Winston Green," Thomas said. "This morning, I had a telegram saying it was Sabini who ordered it."

"And it says here that Thomas Shelby's next," Arthur said, tearing up a letter.

"If our men think we can't look after them in prison, they'll not work for us. Sabini knows that."

"So we need the Green sorted out," Tabitha finished for her husband.

"Scudboat, you and one of the boys break a couple of windows and get yourselves arrested. I'll have out coppers get you in the Green and you can find the bastards who did it."

"Instead of a window, can we punch a car?" Scudboat asked, making the others laugh. "What? Everybody else had a bloody car. I'm still on a donkey."

"Alright. Just get yourselves fucking arrested. It doesn't matter how. And before you All laugh, a boy is dead," Thomas replied. "He was just a kid. We'll start a fund for his family, Pol, Tab."