TWENTY-ONE (EDITED)

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: Last Goodbyes, Last Decisions

KIMBER WAS DEAD, SHOT IN THE HEAD BY OUR OWN TABITHA SHELBY.

Luckily she did it before anyone else was able to die, with Thomas only getting shot in the shoulder and Danny Whizz-Bang the only one dead. Tabitha knew Danny served alongside Thomas in tunnels during the war, so she felt sad for the death of her husband's old friend. Her and Danny barely spoke, but when they did, he was very kind to her.

Even though it was Grace who betrayed them and Tabitha pulled the trigger, the gypsy didn't help but felt like it was all her fault. She blamed herself for Thomas getting shot, blamed herself for Danny's death too, and wasn't able to watch as Jeremiah pulled the bullet out. After that, Tabitha, Thomas, and Arthur walked into the snug, where Danny Whizz-Bang's lifeless body laid on the table. The blood from the bullet wound stained the white shirt he was wearing. All Tabitha felt looking at Danny was guilt.

"Now we can bury him properly," John said, keeping his head low. "In the grave we dug for him."

"Yeah. It's high in a hill. He'd like that," Thomas said.

Thomas pulled out a bottle of rum, pouring the cork out before raising the bottle.

"To Danny Whizz-Bang," he said, making a toast. "May we all die twice." He took a sip from the bottle, then handing it to Tabitha.

She raised the bottle, "to Danny Whizz-Bang."

Tabitha took a sip and passed it down. Everyone took a swig from the bottle of rum, saying to Danny Whizz-Bang. They took a moment of silence after Freddie finished off the rum, and then Thomas told the men to go an celebrate their victory.

"I'll be back in a bit," Tabitha said to Thomas before waking out of the Garrison.

Thomas and Polly looked at each other, not understanding what that was about. Tabitha knew where she was going to go. The gypsy had been to her flat a couple times from how much they hung out after going clothes shopping. She stood in front of the flat door, opening it to the blonde barmaid packing a suitcase.

Grace turned around, looking surprised that Tabitha was at her door. She knew that the gypsy knew what she did, and hoped her visit wasn't a bad one.

"Are you alright?" Grace asked worried.

"I'm fine," Tabitha answered, her eyes starting to water.

"What can I say?"

"I don't know, Grace."

"I could tell you who I really am," Grace said.

"I think I know who you are."

The blonde shook her head. "The circumstance is not important."